BowFishing Country banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I came across one for a good deal, now I am trying to learn about it.
I have heard rumors in the past but didn't pay a lot of attention ,because i didn't see me buying one , LOL
I remember something about replacing some springs, to improve reliability?
What line/string is best? I see they offer 150 and 200 lb , but seems like i heard there were problems with one of the factory offerings hanging up?
I have no idea were i heard/saw this stuff , and I may be totally off base.
Any advice or suggestions are welcome.
All I have used in the past has been AMS bottle reels
Thanks
Chip

·
Registered
240 Posts
The spring I think you are referring to is the spring for the t-handle. From what I have heard is the spring isn't stiff enough to disengage the t-handle all the way so when a person goes to take their next shot the handle is still engaged and their line snaps and they lose an arrow.

I don't know if this has been fixed on newer mega mouth reels. I thought I heard that the spring from a click pen can fix that issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The spring I think you are referring to is the spring for the t-handle. From what I have heard is the spring isn't stiff enough to disengage the t-handle all the way so when a person goes to take their next shot the handle is still engaged and their line snaps and they lose an arrow.

I don't know if this has been fixed on newer mega mouth reels. I thought I heard that the spring from a click pen can fix that issue.
I was thinking that only I experiencing this issue. So it's good to know that there's a chance on how to fix it. Thanks for your helpful thoughts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts