BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently the membership dues are as follows as per spring 2011.....

A. General membership (member, spouse and children under 18) with one vote per membership. Dues shall be:
I) $ 40.00 per year per household without subscription of Bowfisher Magazine
II) $50.00 per year per household with subscription of Bowfisher Magazine
III) $175.00 fee for a 5 year membership
IV) $500 fee for a Lifetime membership

·
Administrator
8,591 Posts
Well the Bowfisher screwed quite a few people over the last year when they decided to not fulfill their original comittments. It's companies like that give bowfishing a bad name and I recommend/vote we completely disconnect ourselves from this group(which we pretty much already have) and we lower the membership renewal to $20-25

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
^^^ I agree w/ Mike... I've had a hard time getting any new members signed up w/ the dues at $40/$50 a year & I think the lower fee's will greatly help the BAA obtain more members

·
YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE
589 Posts
Currently the membership dues are as follows as per spring 2011.....

A. General membership (member, spouse and children under 18) with one vote per membership. Dues shall be:
I) $ 40.00 per year per household without subscription of Bowfisher Magazine
II) $50.00 per year per household with subscription of Bowfisher Magazine
III) $175.00 fee for a 5 year membership
IV) $500 fee for a Lifetime membership
Since both of us have already paid for 5 year membership....(not sure of the time paid or left)... Do we only get one vote now that we are married.......but wasnt at the tiime of purchase?

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
Well the Bowfisher screwed quite a few people over the last year when they decided to not fulfill their original comittments. It's companies like that give bowfishing a bad name and I recommend/vote we completely disconnect ourselves from this group(which we pretty much already have) and we lower the membership renewal to $20-25
x10!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
:tu:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I agree

·
Registered
733 Posts
Agree!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I still have not got my membership that I paid a few months back

·
Registered
914 Posts
I still haven't got mine that I sent last year, and I was supposed to be a rep. $40 bucks a year is too much just to sanction tourneys.

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
With the economy the way it has been I think it will be benefit the BAA to lower the fees. We will probably gain more members
...........YEA,AND DROP ANY AFFILIATION WITH b.f. MAG!

·
Administrator
10,570 Posts
...........YEA,AND DROP ANY AFFILIATION WITH b.f. MAG!
Yep, makes me sick seeing all their big hunting trips lately on FB and they can't even square up with half of us.

But lets not turn this thread into crap.

$40 a year isnt too bad, and with the smaller renewal each year, I have no problem paying that

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Sounds good to me!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Agreed. Got 2 issues with my membership last year.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I personally have no problem paying the $40 to help benefit the sport BUT also think a reduction in price would help spur new members to join!!!
If annual rates dropped buy 40-50% are 5 year and Life time memberships going to drop as well???

·
Registered
878 Posts
i agree drop the prices to get more members, For better outdoors take a kid hunting & fishing it's our future. Randy

·
Super Moderator
629 Posts
I personally would like to see $20 memberships...but is it possible and still be able to support the youth tournaments, camps and other youth orgs with this lower price?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts