BowFishing Country banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 70# Rip Tide. I was fishing last night and it just quit. I hav verified that I have power to the control board, but the motor does not turn. Is there any way to test the control board, and where can I get one if I determine that is the problem?

Thanks,

Bisch

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind, I figured it out. It was not the control board, but rather one of the brushes must have got hot and was sticking in the cheap piece of PLASTIC that they are housed in. Seems to be working now that I got the brush sliding in the housing the way it is supposed to.

Bisch

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nope! My 70 is some kind of plastic. I like that setup of yours way better than what mine is. I never would have thought an $800 trolling motor would have plastic pcs for parts like that. I got the new one in, but it is raining nonstop, and where my boat sits, i would get drenched trying to put it back together.

Bisch

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the control board on my troller is fine. It was just the plastic or composite brush plate which melted. I got the new parts in and all works fine now. I sure would not have expected an $800 trolling motor to give out after 20ish hours use. I hope this round it goes a lot further.

Bisch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts