BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are just a few of the different things I have found useful on here, some of them are posted in other areas im just trying to compile these charts and such into one area to make it easy for people to reference. Feel free to add other charts and stuff guys

Here are some of the amperage draw specs from MinnKota;

55# thrust--------50 amps @ 12 volts[600 watts] [10.91 watts per # thrust]
65# thrust--------38 amps @ 24 volts[912 watts] [14.03 watts per # thrust]
70# thrust--------42 amps @ 24 volts[1008 watts] [14.4 watts per # thrust]
74# thrust--------45 amps @ 24 volts[1080 watts] [14.59 watts per # thrust]
80# thrust--------56 amps @ 24 volts[1344 watts] [16.8 watts per # thrust]
101# thrust-------46 amps @ 36 volts[1656 watts] [16.4 watts per # thrust]

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
Awesome stuff! Thanks Garrett!!

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome stuff! Thanks Garrett!!
no problem, with my new work I wont have as much time to return pm's and such so i'm trying to make all of the info i reference frequently easy for people to find.

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Info and specs on LEDs in one place would be awesome! I.E. Amp draw, kelvin to use, Dimensions, Lumens, etc. Thanks for this!

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Info and specs on LEDs in one place would be awesome! I.E. Amp draw, kelvin to use, Dimensions, Lumens, etc. Thanks for this!
kelvin to use will depend on personal preference. Maybe one of the led sellers will post dimensions or, lumen rating etc here for us. I will make a spreadsheet for the amperage/wattage/voltage of the 50w led's

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Gbolloms chart is correct on the 27w and 50w light amp draws. Dimensions of SeeLites 50w are 9.5" wide, 11.2" tall, and 5.5" deep. They are 5800 lumens directionally rated. (This cannot be compared to HID bulb ratings. Just know that one of these lights is comparable to a 500w halogen bulb which is rated between 9,000 and 10,000 lumens) Kelvin scale is personal preference. I think most people will agree that the 2400k (HPS color) is more beneficial in dirty water, but makes clear water look dirty, 3400k (Halo color) is a happy medium, but doesn't cater to clear or muddy water, and 5000k (MH color) is best in clear water but glares in muddy. As you can see, there are pros and cons to all lighting. You just have to make a personal decision as to which light you prefer, because in all honesty....no one has said they won a tournament because they were using a different type of light. You can shoot fish under any one of the colors available, just have to decide which one is easiest on your eyes. Hope this helps!

Caleb
seeliteleds.com

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the dimensions/lumen ratings and incite on color temp Cbow!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am running 27 watt led. 4 in front 4 left bank 4 right bank. If i want to use the first chart what size guage wire should i use and what type of connectors should i use to connect all of the lights to 1 main wire. Going to wire up each bank on its own switch so hooking up 4 lights per string. thanks ok what about fuse ?

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First thing you need to do is reference the amp spreadsheet for your lights, determine the running amps per light at the given voltage, then multiple by the amount of lights per string. Once you have the amperage for the string reference the wire size chart for the voltage you are using, find your total amperage(round up on the chart), then follow that column down to length the wire has to run(again round up).

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fuse should be rated at just above the total amperage for the string of lights.

·
Registered
89 Posts
OK SO LOOKS LIKE 12 GUAGE SHOULD BE PERFECT. AND A 10 AMP FUSE OR BIGGER. THANKS FOR WALKING ME THROUGH THAT. KNOW WHAT ABOUT CONNECTORS WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TIE EACH LIGHT INTO 1 MAIN WIRE ? THANKS AGIAN

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pick your poison, can be done many different ways, I suggest soldering them

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just wired 10 50W LEDs to my boat. Soldered everything. Took a lot longer but ill never have to mess with them again. I ran 10 gauge just in case I had to move my batteries farther back on the boat than where they are now. Always plan ahead and do a little extra just in case you get into it and change your mind or something unexpected comes up. That way you don't have to start all over.

I'm no electrician by any means but I wired everything all based on this thread. Just flipped the first switch an hour ago and it all works!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
So if I'm reading this right my 101 on my 20 footer needs 4 gage wire run in it so I get my full amp draw out of the batteries

·
Registered
478 Posts
So if I'm reading this right my 101 on my 20 footer needs 4 gage wire run in it so I get my full amp draw out of the batteries
Not sure where you saw that above, but below is info from MinnKota. Assuming your #101 is a 36 volt like mine, looks like 8 gauge is fine. Believe that's what I'm using.:

Gauge-CircuitBreakerTable_Large_9-5-12.jpg

1 - 20 of 32 Posts