BowFishing Country banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
I recently read that in order to get the most efficiency out of hps. It is best to use the 400 watt. This is a chart that I found.

70w(90Watts actual)- 6000Lumen 67Lumen/Watt
100w(124Watts actual)- 9500Lumen 76Lumen/Watt
150w(199Watts actual)- 15000Lumen 76Lumen/Watt
250w(300Watts actual)- 29000Lumen 97Lumen/Watt
400w(468Watts actual)- 50000Lumen 107Lumen/Watt
600w(660Watts actual)- 90000Lumen 136Lumen/Watt
1000w(1140Watts actual)- 140000Lumen 140Lumen/Watt

·
Chainsaw Willy
12,026 Posts
Here are just a few of the different things I have found useful on here, some of them are posted in other areas im just trying to compile these charts and such into one area to make it easy for people to reference. Feel free to add other charts and stuff guys

What amp fuses do we need to run on different troller and light set up's?

·
Chainsaw Willy
12,026 Posts
The reason I ask, my know it all certified minkota dealer told me I needed a 13 amp breaker for my 55lb thrust trolling motor...is he full of chit? Because I'm pretty Damn sure my troller pulls 52 amps wide open under a load...so how will a13 amp breaker on my red wire hold up to a 50 amp draw?

·
Registered
478 Posts
The reason I ask, my know it all certified minkota dealer told me I needed a 13 amp breaker for my 55lb thrust trolling motor...is he full of chit? Because I'm pretty Damn sure my troller pulls 52 amps wide open under a load...so how will a13 amp breaker on my red wire hold up to a 50 amp draw?
The chart I posted in post #20 above is from the MinnKota website... I think your dealer misspoke.

·
Chainsaw Willy
12,026 Posts
Dude, I totally did not see that! Good deal...thank you...I need to find this on minkota's web page and shove it down his throat. He knows everything....I told him I was running a 60 amp breaker and he just had to tell me how stupid I was...

·
Chainsaw Willy
12,026 Posts

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Here is a more professional wiring diagram made by Powermax!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I could really use some wiring/battery help. We are going to use 9-50w 24v led lights, we are going to run 2 group 31 batteries hooked up in 24v. I think I know how to wire them up but was wondering if I can use a powermax charger with a small generator to charge the batteries if it gets to be a long night and we need more run time. If so what powermax do we need and how big of a generator. We only run lights on the batteries, no troller we have a pusher fan boat.

·
Super Moderator
7,652 Posts
I could really use some wiring/battery help. We are going to use 9-50w 24v led lights, we are going to run 2 group 31 batteries hooked up in 24v. I think I know how to wire them up but was wondering if I can use a powermax charger with a small generator to charge the batteries if it gets to be a long night and we need more run time. If so what powermax do we need and how big of a generator. We only run lights on the batteries, no troller we have a pusher fan boat.
Hook batteries up with a jumper wire between the - on one battery and + on other battery then the lights go to other - and + terminals on the batteries, of course is the simple version and you can wire in switches etc.... but is basic how to...just like post #5 on here

Now, as far as powermax you can get a 55 amp/24 volt powermax and run a gennie, BUT if you want to go real trick since running a fan already, you might look into getting a 100amp 24v alternator and rig that up with the fan and get mounted and driven by a belt off the fan motor to keep the batteries charged for lights.... that would be da chit setup

21 - 32 of 32 Posts