BowFishing Country banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw on the news, two missing hunters... one body was found in the water, capsized boat and one still missing.

PRAYERS SENT For families of the hunters

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Prayers sent. What state is this?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
These boys are brothers and the one they havent found is a good friend of mine... its a real chit storm guys. single digit temps and 40 mph winds if they dont find him today that lake will be covered in ice... Toms got a little girl on the way too

·
Registered
236 Posts
Always a sad day when this kind of stuff happens. Life jacket wouldn't have stopped the hypothermia in that cold of conditions but it sure would give your family closure. Wear the jacket for them. Stay safe out there guys.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I understand the weather is terrible right now with single digit temps and 40 mph winds but how do you just stop looking for a body? This is a family with three sons and now two of them are dead. You HAVE to find Tom so the family can have some closure and bury their boys together.... the longer they wait the more ice is going to be forming the harder it will be to find him! How do you just stop looking?!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I understand the weather is terrible right now with single digit temps and 40 mph winds but how do you just stop looking for a body? This is a family with three sons and now two of them are dead. You HAVE to find Tom so the family can have some closure and bury their boys together.... the longer they wait the more ice is going to be forming the harder it will be to find him! How do you just stop looking?!
When deciding to stop searching they need to weigh the risk to the searchers. Sounds cruel but its not worth losing/injuring people looking for a body that isn't gona go anywhere (assuming he hasn't survived).

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I know that all factors into it too. But if this wind ever dies down that lake will have a foot of ice over in no time. how they going to find him then? when some one is drilling holes and hits a dead body? I have accepted the fact that he didnt survive. But i just hope to God that he floats to the surface before it ices over for the season

·
Registered
347 Posts
I know that all factors into it too. But if this wind ever dies down that lake will have a foot of ice over in no time. how they going to find him then? when some one is drilling holes and hits a dead body? I have accepted the fact that he didnt survive. But i just hope to God that he floats to the surface before it ices over for the season
From what I know is if they cant find them before it freezes up they aren't looking again until the spring when it thaws out again. Sure hope they do find him quickly though, hate when stuff like this happens

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Nah. Lake is iced over now. Still waiting for the weather to get a little better before they start searching again...:headbang:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Little update for anyone that wants to know... Its been over 2 months now and they still haven't found Tommy. No one know what happened and why we cant find him.

I went to the funeral with some buddies and the family requested that no one dressed up but anyone that had some sort of camo wear it. It was a packed house in a small town SD high school gym. Everybody was wearing camo. There was even some people that has shirts made with the Luke Bryan lyric "Hunting, Fishing and Loving Every Day" printed on it.

The funeral was by far the absolute saddest thing I have ever witnessed in my entire life. Tommy had a fiancé and she was pregnant. She had their daughter one day before the funeral... On Tommys birthday. Toms fiancé had a son from a previous relationship and I think he is around 8-10 years old. It was just heart breaking because the two brothers that had died was the oldest and the youngest leaving brother Mitch, the middle, by himself. Mitch got up during the funeral and said some words but after he was done there was not one dry eye in the stands.

Its been over 2 months now and I'm starting to wonder if they are ever going to find Toms body. The family has asked everyone to restrain from ice fishing that lake this year until they found him but they haven't yet. I pray every night that he is found to just give their families some closure.

I will update again when and if he is found.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I believe the county has brought in cadaver dogs to sniff the ice holes in the lake. When the ice comes off the gf&p is bringing in big money sonars to search the lake. The ROV they tried ran into to much weeds to be effective.

Prayers still being sent to all affected

Dan

1 - 20 of 30 Posts