BowFishing Country banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought up by Impaled from Mississippi:
I would like for BAA to require more from the State Reps. I do not even know who the Rep/Reps are for Mississippi. Last time I checked one is not even living in Mississippi anymore.

How about, when a member joins, along with the membership card they get the contact info of the current state rep.

President's Response:
Mississippi is one of a few states that the state rep may or does live in another state, but area coverage of that state rep is basically local to the rep....example...state rep may live in south louisiana, but is closer to southern mississippi area than the Person living in Northern Mississippi...Some states up north do the same thing....
also, we can have more than one state rep for a state...it does help the state reps cover more and help each other for their states...

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
:tu: sounds good to me... I live only a few miles from the WV / VA line, work in VA, MD & DC area... so I do like you mentioned above & cover a wider range than just Eastern WV... I think it would be good for new members to get our contact info... it will only help the BAA IMO

May also be a good idea to have a Photo of each State Rep on the website & maybe even on the Facebook page... just a thought

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I have talked with "Fowl" and would like to put throw my hat in the ring for NJ state rep.
After speaking with some other state rep i dont believe that the problem in all situation is that the "state rep" does not want to do anything to support the BAA and the sport it just the fact that they need direction and sometimes understanding bowfishing is a larg part of many of our lives but NOT the only part we all have jobs and families.
I have been spending a lot of time just talking to people to try to build a network of communication between, bowfisherman, Fish & Game, manufacturers/Sponsors,event organizers, and most important the general public!

·
Administrator
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jason,
any added state reps I would like a list so I can post them up for the voting......thanks bud!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Jason I will make a motion for scott for a 2nd NJ state Rep. I spend alot of time with Scott and we bounce back and fourth between NJ and PA.

·
Registered
232 Posts
100% agree with requiring more from State Reps. Give the position "teeth" with specific deliverables.

·
Administrator
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
one thing we try to stress to the members from the officer stand point is this.....
officers do not make the rules, we only enforce the ones voted on by the members......the state reps are the guys and gals who are the front runners who make the decisions from information from the members in their area's. Members get two chances to give their opinions and help change things .....1st is spring meeting.....2nd is worlds meeting.....from there the state rep can voice opinions throughout the year from their members in their area......jason is the state rep manager who takes input and gets it to the board....We have a board members section on Bowfishing Country where we can discuss things through-out the year.....so the avenue is open all year long.....and also anyone can call me if they need to with anything.....I will direct you to who ever is over whatever particular issue a member may have..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts