BowFishing Country banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used these since they first came out and love them. They have always been billed as solid carbon. Recently purchased 3 new ones from feradyne (who apparently ate muzzy) and now they are carbon w/ regular composite inside. Mark Land are you out there? What gives?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Not sure if he still checks on here, but on facebook I'm pretty sure I remember him saying that no one makes a pure, solid carbon fish arrow because pure carbon is too brittle. Maybe they just quit dying the fiberglass to match or changed how the strands are laid or something. I guess the question is how they shoot. If they shoot the same, I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JP. Yeah I emailed him at work and he pretty much said the same thing. He said they used to use liquid epoxy and pour the center section. I had one like that and the center section was black so it looked like solid carbon. Plus a couple of the stores used the same wording saying that they were "solid carbon fishing shaft" probably should have been "solid, carbon fishing shaft. Anyway Muzzy isn't making them any more so if you like them snap em up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts