BowFishing Country banner

Would you shoot numbers at the MUZZY?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Administrator
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which I know not all the ones that vote will not show and not many are on the site at this time but like Mark says maybe not enough would shoot in the numbers to have it. THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH MUZZY OR ANY CHANGES. This is only to see who would do it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Posting here and voting Joe don't mean nothing if you don't show on the day of the shoot---Where was ya for the RCC???

·
Administrator
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Posting here and voting Joe don't mean nothing if you don't show on the day of the shoot---Where was ya for the RCC???
My boat motor blew at the Worlds. Like I said in the other thread dont know if I would have made that one would would like to. I was with out a boat for a bit also.

·
Administrator
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plus I make 4-5 hour shoots all the time. All thats shot right here around the house is big fish shoots which mean BIGHEAD shoots. I went to Rend lake 4.5 hours, Reelfoot 4.5 hours, Cajun 3.5 hours, Worlds 11 hours, so I can make a 5 hour trip to Muzzy to shoot numbers. We shoot these shoots every year plus 5-6 more so I try to do what I can. Just because I didnt make one shoot dont mean I dont try. I dont want to take anything from the Muzzy big 20. They can keep that side of the money just have our own side pot for numbers. Why would that even bother a big 20 team?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Not singelling you out Joe, just talking in general. Ask Mark if you'all can share his cost and bring your own barrels and counters and it might work out for all !!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
What is the down side to having a numbers division. I think it would help perpetuate the sport. It will give everyone a chance to get better at what they like to do. Lets be honest, with the format the way it is, isn't it usually the same teams getting in the top ten. The change from an all buffalo/grassie shoot, into 15 commons was to take some pressure off of the big buffs and spread out the teams. Everything needs some change every now and then. The good thing about the numbers would be that there is something you can do to get better at it. One can shoot in the front yard and get the "eye" before the shoot. If it is a big twenty, the only thing you can do is save alot of money and hope you find some big fish. Every bass/crappie fisher is your friend when he thinks you are shooting those gar that eat "his" fry. If the reason for not having it a numbers shoot is bad publicity for an all out killing spree, then that just needs to be said. I understand if a large company does not want to be associated with thousands of fish being killed " for sport". I will shoot numbers if it is an option. I also like the idea of being able to shoot both divisions.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
What is the down side to having a numbers division. I think it would help perpetuate the sport. It will give everyone a chance to get better at what they like to do. Lets be honest, with the format the way it is, isn't it usually the same teams getting in the top ten. The change from an all buffalo/grassie shoot, into 15 commons was to take some pressure off of the big buffs and spread out the teams. Everything needs some change every now and then. The good thing about the numbers would be that there is something you can do to get better at it. One can shoot in the front yard and get the "eye" before the shoot. If it is a big twenty, the only thing you can do is save alot of money and hope you find some big fish. Every bass/crappie fisher is your friend when he thinks you are shooting those gar that eat "his" fry. If the reason for not having it a numbers shoot is bad publicity for an all out killing spree, then that just needs to be said. I understand if a large company does not want to be associated with thousands of fish being killed " for sport". I will shoot numbers if it is an option. I also like the idea of being able to shoot both divisions.
:applause: Very well said! Gar are the devil !!

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
By the time you drive over there and scout then pay entry to shoot 20 fish isn't my cup of tea.That's an ass load of money per fish and is also the reason why I've never made the trip.Just voicing my opinion because I know a lot of people like it the way it is and if big 20 gets your gun off then I hear it's one of the best shoots there is for that.It's hard to go wrong with a big 20/numbers for attracting teams unless the payout is split 20 different ways.Just my .02.

·
Registered
733 Posts
It isn't my cup of tea either anymore to shoot 20 fish. Not saying numbers is for everyone but alot of teams wanna shoot numbers on this lake and some of those teams would probably decide to shoot both divisions so there is more money for the 20 pot. We don't go to shoots with the idea of how much money we can win...sure its nice but its not gonna pay for gas hotel diesel etc...we are about the competition

·
Registered
522 Posts
It isn't my cup of tea either anymore to shoot 20 fish. Not saying numbers is for everyone but alot of teams wanna shoot numbers on this lake and some of those teams would probably decide to shoot both divisions so there is more money for the 20 pot. We don't go to shoots with the idea of how much money we can win...sure its nice but its not gonna pay for gas hotel diesel etc...we are about the competition
hell, if i won all 10 tournys i fished this year it still wouldnt pay back what i spent.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I am all for a numbers division at the Muzzy! We haven't been the last couple of years because we just are not that interested in going to shoot 20 fish anymore. Throw the numbers division in there and I would imagine we'd be there!

·
Administrator
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am all for a numbers division at the Muzzy! We haven't been the last couple of years because we just are not that interested in going to shoot 20 fish anymore. Throw the numbers division in there and I would imagine we'd be there!
Same way I feel Ducks!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Yep I here that I doint see the point in coming from centeral texas(12 hours) to shoot 20 fish make it numbers also and you wil see more teams

1 - 20 of 55 Posts