BowFishing Country banner

Would you shoot numbers at the MUZZY?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
hell, if i won all 10 tournys i fished this year it still wouldnt pay back what i spent.
Right, they hardly ever do and nobody goes because of money.Every tournament (key word) should have some sort of "incentive":: something that incites or has a tendency to incite to determination or action.Without incentive all you have is a silly ass little social gathering.:laugh:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yep I here that I doint see the point in coming from centeral texas(12 hours) to shoot 20 fish make it numbers also and you wil see more teams
And how many Texas Teams were at the Worlds??? you know 6 hours away !!! Not starting anything ,just asking !!!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Why don't somebody set up a numbers shoot the weekend before the Muzzy and then those that can should stay for the Muzzy also ???

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Why don't somebody set up a numbers shoot the weekend before the Muzzy and then those that can should stay for the Muzzy also ???
Probably be better to have the numbers tourney like on Thursday night right before the Muzzy.Fish will probably be stirring a little better before the weekend traffic hits lol.

·
YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE
589 Posts
Im in for the numbers.......

·
Registered
460 Posts
This may have already been mentioned but how about having a Muzzy#s tournament on a separate date.The Muzzy is by far the best ran big 20 tournament so why not be the same way on a #s tournament.#s is not my thing but I'm all for it and if the #s tournament was on a separate day I would fish it.Just my lil .02

·
Registered
878 Posts
Ok i should stay out of this one but i can't, we have number shoots out there this tournament has proven itself by having a good number of teams each year and it works, its like Hoopty's gar hunt it works, The B.A.A. world that tournament works equal money your in both big 20 and numbers shooters. I'm a number shooter but there are guys that save there money to go to a tourny that is done for there way of shooting and this is one of those tourny's. The problem is right now and this is my thoughts only we have to many tourny's that split up your tourny shooters if clubs and states would work together more and have fewer but bigger tournaments. We have some real good tourny's out there but we also have alot of small tourny either the week before of or after some of these which breaks up your competition. If they come the week before and it's poor shooting it gets put on the internet and hurts the turnout or if someone may wait till the tourny's over to see the results then go to a smaller tourny knowing that alot of fish were taken the week before and they have an idea after all the tourny talk on where to go. If you have fewer tournaments you will in thought have bigger turnouts and then you have both types in one or two different tournaments. Just my thoughts. For better outdoors take a kid hunting & fishing it's our future. Randy

·
Registered
522 Posts
I dont see the harm in giving it another try. If some of the # guys help out with the count (which they have already volunteered to do) and help with the other issues that come up with the # side, and it dont mess with the Big 20 pot, then why not? The time of year the Muzzy happens there are tons of fish on both sides (big, and #'s) to go around and I dont see how it will hurt the big 20 side. I am fishing the Muzzy next year and have no problem with making it a split format. My .02.

·
Administrator
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I dont see the harm in giving it another try. If some of the # guys help out with the count (which they have already volunteered to do) and help with the other issues that come up with the # side, and it dont mess with the Big 20 pot, then why not? The time of year the Muzzy happens there are tons of fish on both sides (big, and #'s) to go around and I dont see how it will hurt the big 20 side. I am fishing the Muzzy next year and have no problem with making it a split format. My .02.
Agree

·
Registered
46 Posts
I haven't got to shoot the muzzy yet but have been there to support our team and everyone out there for quite awhile and can say if there was a numbers division I would be up for shooting it. It would definitely bring more teams to the event and it would bring more business to the sponsoring businesses and the area in general...just sayin ;-)

·
Registered
724 Posts
No it won't/it would actually take some teams from the big side.---------until we get back to having 70+ teams / then the promised pot for 2nd,3rd,4th,5th will be greatly lackeing what is expected !!! IMO

·
Registered
733 Posts
It won't take away Butch because most of the ones that will shoot the numbers side aren't gonna shoot the Big 20...myself included..two different pots..two different payouts..one doesn't effect the other...pretty much two tournys on the same night under the same tourny name...there ain't gonna be some big 20 guy looking for fish where we shoot numbers so don't worry about affecting those guys fish..if they are where we shoot well..that's their dumb mistake!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts