BowFishing Country banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i am having problems with the line coming out of my muzzy reel, its not smooth at all and it will actually pull the arrow off the string when im pulling the bow back, any suggestions? Im thinking about making the hole bigger...maybe that would help

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Make sure the spool is full and soak it real good with real magic or silicone spray and wet your line before you start shooting.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone, Im gonna get some new 200# line and re-spool it and invest in some ree magic, hope that fixs the problem

·
Super Moderator
484 Posts
Spool needs to be filled all the way. I usually load line till I can't reel it in anymore, than cut 3 feet or so off the line. Load it with reel magic, and shoot all night long.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sometimes the line gets twisted and/or embedded in itself. If the reel is full, unspool 1/2 to 3/4 and then respool with a little tension on it. Also let the twists work out at the same time. I have to do this on occasion to keep the line coming out real smooth for the longer shots. Another thing is if you can't find reel magic, regular silicone spray works the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts