BowFishing Country banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just getting into the spincast reels again and picked up a xd pro. I flip the switch to engage free spool but in doesnt disengage free spool by turning handle only by flipping the switch back over. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
599 Posts
i'm pretty sure that is how they were designed. So that you cant hit the reel handle by accident...I'm sure somenone actually know for sure. I just wanted to get my post count up.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
what he said

·
Registered
163 Posts
The pro reel when you flip it to engage the handle is free spool until you move the handle. The free spool side is constant. But I prefer to flip it back and forth. I don't trust the way it works.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
The pro reel when you flip it to engage the handle is free spool until you move the handle. The free spool side is constant. But I prefer to flip it back and forth. I don't trust the way it works.
not sure what you mean? if you have the lever over to "free spool" then the lever is holding the main shaft out. this disengages carrier assembly and keeps the pick up pin retracted. the whole reason the pins stay retracted when you flip the lever back is the carrier roller is still sitting extended until the handle is turned and the rollers hit the little bumps on the end of the body. this forces the rollers outward and lets the spring retract the carrier assembly back to where the rollers (pick-up pins) now stay out.

the pro is the best fool proof way to keep the reel disengaged. Although there are a lot of people that prefer pushing the button and switching the pro reel back to "button style". Sounds to me like your reel is working fine DFA#1

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Saw a video on youtube the guy put it in free spool and turned the handle and it engaged automatically.

·
Registered
163 Posts
not sure what you mean? if you have the lever over to "free spool" then the lever is holding the main shaft out. this disengages carrier assembly and keeps the pick up pin retracted. the whole reason the pins stay retracted when you flip the lever back is the carrier roller is still sitting extended until the handle is turned and the rollers hit the little bumps on the end of the body. this forces the rollers outward and lets the spring retract the carrier assembly back to where the rollers (pick-up pins) now stay out.

the pro is the best fool proof way to keep the reel disengaged. Although there are a lot of people that prefer pushing the button and switching the pro reel back to "button style". Sounds to me like your reel is working fine DFA#1
This is what I mean. Just not a poet with words..

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have one that will engage once you start winding. It will be in free spool and then when you start winding you can see the lever move to the engaged side. With my other one I use the over and back method. Left to free spool and then immediately back right to engaged. Works just like pushing the button. Not sure it's supposed to work that way but I like it just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts