BowFishing Country banner

my ******* experience

3K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  T.J. 
#1 ·
Well I finally saved up enough money to buy me a hull and rigging and after talking with a few company's decided to go with *******. At the end of may of 2011 I ordered my boat just a hull cage. Engine and seat stand. I payed pierce aluminum 5000 and sent another 4 to ******* for a 9000 dollar deposit. I was told 4 to 6 weeks honestly I didn't expect t it to be done in that time frame but no big deal through out the summer I called every so often to see what the word was I even changed my mind on the boat a couple of times but was assured since the boat wasn't started it wouldn't take any longer to build it.at the beginning of august i started to get worried but was told the boat would be done by October by Shawn on the phone. I called October 4 and was told the boat wasn't started 2 weeks he said. So into November I was told they were picking up the aluminum for my boat Nov 15 and it would be started. I think they told me a few other times between then and the end of Feb beginning of march it would be started working n 2 weeks. Then I told Shawn my buddy has offered to drive not fly to Texas and pick up my boat if it would be fondue assured me it would be when I called and asked about it he said another 15 days. After Zeak made his post Shawn called me cussing me out and at that point I told Chad I just want a refund with h he readily agreed to well here it is April 9 no refund and no boat ...o and for the record I'm not a ******* h after I'm not even on fb just a guy really feeling it at this point

See less See more
#4 ·
Brent we both agreed that a refund would suit you, and I'm sorry it's not being done in a time frame that you would like but it will be done. I talked with shawn and he said your welcome to call him in the morning, I'm out of town till tomorrow but he would like you to call him.

And I think we were all upset (you included) with the way zeak handled that situation.
Your a customer and have every right to be upset, and every right to post your feedback.

As everyone knows, yes shawn is behind on building boats. But, as anyone that is around can attest, they are there 6-7 days per week working.
Unfortunately your not the First customer that has had to wait a substantial amount of time to recieve a boat or a refund, and to be honest as long as the demand for custom boats is there your probably won't be the last.

I will tell you one thing, you will be taken care of and have your refund, I'm sorry it's not happening as fast as you want but it will happen.

Again, I hope people don't turn this into a bashing thread bc this is real customer feedback not a friend of a friend who's doesnt know the issue.

#5 ·
Well I'll say this.. Idk, but I expect they'll make it right, however u want it. I don't think ther bad guys at all. I had ther "competition" do my hull and rigging and wouldn't have it any other way. But I don't think ther tryin to screw u. It'll be made straight, I think. An yeah I know, easy for me to say bc I'm not in ur shoes. That being said, ever thread that comes up like this I somewhat take both sides. Soooo NO MORE GAS TANK BASHING!!!! And sorry for your trouble flint, I really think it'll be made good tho no chit

#9 ·
Do me a favor flint and do what chad recommends and check back with us and share the results. Let's see if we can get this resolved so everyone can move forward and put this to rest.

#13 ·
Understood and nothing against chad but Shawn's gonna be the one cutting that check and I think it would be best(if it were me anyhow) to call and get the skinny straight from the horses mouth so to speak. Keep us up to date :tu:

#15 ·
Like I said nothing against chad at all, he's obviously doing his best to get this resolved (putting his reputation on the line) I'd just like to hear what Shawn says that way there is no confusion, lose in translation, no miss understandings etc.

#20 ·
i had a simalar experience with a different builder. i can tell you from experience that it would be very helpful to contact the local police department and file a police report. i was told that if i would have done this i would not have had nearly as many problems getting my hull. i still have the contact info for the investigator in that area who was apointed to my case if it would help you.

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#24 ·
Guys your trashing real customer feedback. Brent had every right to share his experience/concerns, you guys are taking it out of line and no nothing about Redeck Airboats.

If you have a legitimate question about wait times or anything else ask it here, if you want to trash talk take it else where please

#26 ·
im kinda of impressed with RN myself so far, building a boat and it having something so minor wrong with it that 99% of people will never notice it and saying that no i wont let you have that boat and will build another 1. also doing extra work and throwing all kinds of things in for nothing has set good in my book. i was up there last friday and even with it being good friday there was still a lot going on around there. If arrow prop would send my motor,prop and reduction i would be heading back up there to pick it up. ive yet to see anyone (and i may have missed it) not come out happy or get there money back. I may be proved wrong in the end but we will see how she turns out and she is lookin good at the moment.

Also like has been posted, you dial that number that phone is answered. i asks for pics 2 days after he said he would start on it and boom they had my fan,shroud and the light rail on. i look forward to getting mine and will give feedback regardless of good or bad when we get there.

looks like they have come to terms and worked it out

yall have a good day and play nice!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.