BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my head is spinning with all of the boat options out there, especially boats between 18-20 ft long. I have been thinking about seaark because of their warranty but when you read the fine print it looks like the warranty doesn't really cover what they lead you to believe.

So i am going to ask you guys, what do you recommend? G3, Seaark, lowe, alumacraft????

I bowfish occasionally (say once a month) but I also like to get out with a few guys and drink beer and cover lots of lake looking for noodling spots. I want something that can pull a skiier and something center console.

What should I be looking for or at? I just got quoted an alumacraft boat for 35K for an 20ft with a 150 on it.... I was kinda blown away at that price.

You guys don't have to help me make a decision... but golly gee it would be nice to at least narrow down my search a little bit. Oh, and to top it off, every dealer I go to says "idk" to any questions I ask

1) does a tunnel hull have any disadvantages?
2) does a tunnel hull slow down the boat?
3) Why should i buy your brand over others? I went to a lowe dealer yesterday and the OWNER of the shop just said IDK when I asked him why I should buy a lowe over a seaark or g3.... salesmen don't even seen to know their boats anymore.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would say Seaark and if you run where there a lots of rocks then I would consider the tunnel. I know Mark Land from Muzzy runs a tunnel hull

·
Registered
34 Posts
Out of curiosity, have you considered an SJX Jet Boat? It's been on my list of dream things to own. A nicely powered alunimum jet boat for the occasional water skiing and getting out on the water, on top of fishing... I've not see anyone towing a skier with one, but I can't imagine it lacks the power to

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
For a factory production boat, SeaArk all the way,is the thickest and beefiest factory hull on the market. Google G3 boat warranty Issues, will find a lot of things on the interweb about G3 hull issues and have had people on here tear off G3 front decks for modifications and have wood under a thin aluminum sheet on front deck. Longhorn for a more custom style boat would be a good choice also....

To me anyway the "hull" warranty isn't an issue and would be like expecting Chevy to give you a new car if you hit something and wrecked your car.... That's what welders and/or personal insurance is for.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I would go with a long beach custom. They are roughly the same price as a seaark or other production boat but you can get it built exactly how you want it. If you dont go custom I would go with a Seaark.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I would go with a long beach custom. They are roughly the same price as a seaark or other production boat but you can get it built exactly how you want it. If you dont go custom I would go with a Seaark.
Gotta agree with this.

SeaArk by far has the best following of any mass produced hull out there, but if you go custom Long Beach seems to have a pretty good rep as well.

If you're in any kind of sizable waves on a regular basis I'd go with an 'Ark due to it being a mod-V. If you fish mostly calm shallow water Long Beach might be worth looking into.

I've owned 3 SeaArks now and they are tanks.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Gotta agree with this.

SeaArk by far has the best following of any mass produced hull out there, but if you go custom Long Beach seems to have a pretty good rep as well.

If you're in any kind of sizable waves on a regular basis I'd go with an 'Ark due to it being a mod-V. If you fish mostly calm shallow water Long Beach might be worth looking into.

I've owned 3 SeaArks now and they are tanks.
And you shut your yap right now. Get that friggin boat done already. I'd like to fish Erie before it freezes again!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
And you shut your yap right now. Get that friggin boat done already. I'd like to fish Erie before it freezes again!
Come on man...it's way easier to talk about building boats than it is to actually build them :laugh:

Cross your fingers-water test may be tonight...

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I agree with what was said as well. Next boat (unless I buy a set up fan rig sooner than planning) it will be a long beach. I've seen. Several in person and know a few guys that own them. Have yet to hear a single bad thing. But if you wanna go with a production hull sea ark hands down

·
Registered
151 Posts
I love my Sea Ark. Have a 22ft boat with a 150 motor and lots of extra options and it was less than what you were quoted on the alumacraft.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
:D
Kajun speical lol
Life Tyme
Hanko's

Get a boat out of 5086!!
:co:
Charles- I have seen you recommend this many times. and based on your post I made sure I bought 5086 for my hull. but the 5086 number is (50) the hardness of the alloy and (86) is the corrosion resistance. So with that in mind a 5086 is only better for corrosion resistance over a 5052 standard hull. its not any stiffer or dent resistant.

I want to point out if your considering a custom hull get one with a .190 bottom, there is only about 150lbs difference in weight from one hull to a .125 hull but the ridgidness of the 30% thicker skin is way stronger and take much more abuse.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts