BowFishing Country banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had looked at many pedestal designs on the forums here and kind of came up with something similar but with a couple different design features. Since I store my boat in the garage in the winter, my pedestal had to either be removable or have the ability to fold over. That coupled with the fact that I prefer to stand towards the rear of the deck and have the front area open to shooting, I knew I wanted a leaning post/ type railing on the rear of my deck so I don't misstep and end up falling into a barrel of dead fish... Or worse. This meant that my pedestal needed to fold forward. I also wanted a sturdy pedestal that if it's used as support when hitting a stump or something, it could hold up to some pressure. I went with a 3" piece of 6061, mounted to a bracket with two bolts. When the top bolt is removed it'll fold down and then bolt in the stowed position. My control box is 7" X 10" and will mount my ControllKing, PowrTran (with Alton Craig's joystick), and a small gooseneck led map light and a tach. The control box opens up for access to the wiring. The keystart will be mounted on the rear of the pedestal upright along with a bracket for my Teleflex shift cable once I've determined the exact length. Anyway, here it is sitting in place waiting to be bolted down and the control wires ran. The railing is being put together now and will then be powder coated black to match. The pedestal is going to be polished and clear coated.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I read through your post a couple times and I don't see the question. What are you asking? The pedestal looks good. If it were mine I'd leave it in the natural finish to save reflections on my eyes, but that's just me. It wouldn't be a problem for night time but day time might kill your eyes.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read through your post a couple times and I don't see the question. What are you asking? The pedestal looks good. If it were mine I'd leave it in the natural finish to save reflections on my eyes, but that's just me. It wouldn't be a problem for night time but day time might kill your eyes.
Lol. There is no question. I think you read my signature line. I was just sharing my progress pic. :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That rig is really slick , I wish I could fab up aluminum like you guys do but my tig-fu is weak.
I didn't weld it myself, I have a local guy here that does a great job. I only wish I could weld aluminum. My brother has a ton of metal working tools, and can we fab stuff up, but he mainly works with steel so the actual welding gets done by a pro. Lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts