BowFishing Country banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cole 23lb carp.jpg

My son and I are still new, (under 3 months) into bowfishing and we have a great time together! For Dad (me) this is the most important part!
He shot this 23lb common on Friday night. Not a beast, but a respectable fish for the Mississippi up here in MN.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Nice fish I have more fun fishin with my kids than I do with my friends.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Cool! I have never seen a carp that big down here. Buffalo, yes, but not our carp. Looks like the bugs must have been out too, with that face cover on him!

Congrats,

Bisch

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Bisch... Go to Toledo.

Congrats to both of y'all. I love how he is hugging that thing. He ain't scared of fish slime. Just crazy to see him in a jacket. The truck say 102 right now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool! I have never seen a carp that big down here. Buffalo, yes, but not our carp. Looks like the bugs must have been out too, with that face cover on him!

Congrats,

Bisch
Yes the bugs can be a bit.....Thick! Most are not the biting kind which is good! :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bisch... Go to Toledo.

Congrats to both of y'all. I love how he is hugging that thing. He ain't scared of fish slime. Just crazy to see him in a jacket. The truck say 102 right now.
We were the longer stuff to keep the skiters away! It will normally get cool enough in MN to be OK with this at night.
Also he was not afraid to get the slime that way because he could not hold onto it any other way! Ha... I kept trying to have him hold it like a bass, but he just could not get it into place! :laugh:

·
Registered
968 Posts
nice !

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nice fish! What part of the Mississippi do you shoot? If you ever get into tournaments theres some great tournaments in the Wabasha-Trempealeau area

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
That is what it is all about, time with the kid and the trophy fish for him.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Arriten !! Niceun !!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts