BowFishing Country banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help on a new lighting setup. I am trying my best to do this on a budget. I have 10 Quans 30 watt 12v/24v ac/DC lights. I have a 24v system I was using to run 6 led light bars but we wanted to change so we could run a generator and not have to limit ourselves to 5 hours of bowfishing. So, the question I have is how do I make it so I can run the light bars off the 24v battery system and then run the other 10 lights off a generator. I believe I need an invertor but not sure how those thi gs work or if I do. My boat is wired with plug ins and all because I use to have halogens for gigging a few years ago. So in essence I could plug all 10 lights into boxes which run down to a plug in that is run to the back of the boat to plug in to a generator.

Thanks for any and all help cause I'm pretty clueless about this.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
i think the easiest thing to do is to get a converter and run that between the genny and battery's and then connect all the lights to the battery's
powermax converters I think is the standard go to for converters

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I said invertor but I meant convertor. How do those things actually work...does anyone know. I am assuming the lights will go to the battery, battery to convertor and convertor to generator. But, I dont really know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im running my lights and trolling motor off of the same 24 volt. System. I have a 4000 watt powermax generator and i am running two 100 watt. Powermax converters. When the batteries are fully charged we get about 2 hrs. Of fishing before we have to start the generator. It takes about 45 min. To charge the batteries (while we are still fishing) then we just turn the generator off and run quiet again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The reason i ask about the trolling motor is you will need more power to keep that thing going.... it is a power hog. Give ghram a call at powermax and tell him what all you are running and he will tell you exactly what you need.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Jacky Davis on Facebook has some pretty good deals on powermax generators and converters. I believe he sells and ships them for his cost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys thanks so much. I've been doing crazy amounts of research on this stuff. I'm thinking I am right when I say I will need a 100w convertor for the teolling motor and LED light bars and then a 75w convertor for the 10 Quans lights we are installing. I know I know crazy amount of lights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts