BowFishing Country banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm aware that Seelite, Arrow LED, and Southern Lite make good quality 12V lights, but $150-200 per light is a bit out of my price range.

Does anyone know of a source for decent, less expensive 12/24 volt LED floods, preferably 100 watt? I'm mostly only finding 120V except for the direct from China type sites, and that seems risky. I'm already set up on a 12V system and just want to upgrade a couple of my 50W lights.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
What lights do you currently have?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Believe me I've looked and basically Amazon and Ebay both have plenty of 120V 100W lights but not so much the 12V. Just wondering if there's a source I've missed.

I bought one of the Bass Pro bowfishing rigs and it has those "Archenemy" brand 50W 12V lights. They are just OK. I do like 12V as I'm going to go to a battery only system at some point, but I'd like to upgrade at least a few of the lights from 50 to 100 watt without spending $150+ per light or getting some crap from Aliexpress.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I feel like you're being too picky for someone that doesn't want to spend top shelf money on a top shelf light. The problem with the bowfishing light industry is there isnt much much middle ground. It seems its either $20-$30 per light or $150-$200 per light. Not much in the middle. The Viugreums are excellent lights nut I have not seen a 12/24v light from them yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I'll just bite the bullet and get some quality lights. The only other option for 12 volt/100 watt is the direct from China stuff and I'm not rolling the dice on that.

I've not heard of 5 Star but I'll check that out. Anyone know anything about Southern Lite? They have some 80 watt lights with a round diode that's supposed to be better than the square ones.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
You're gonna be pulling a TON of amps if you're running 100w 12v lights, running battery only is not gonna last a super long time unless you wire 3-4 batteries parallel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're gonna be pulling a TON of amps if you're running 100w 12v lights, running battery only is not gonna last a super long time unless you wire 3-4 batteries parallel.
I'm only replacing 2 - 50 watt lights with the 100 watt ones. I'll have 6 - 50 watt lights and 2 - 100 watt total. I MAY go to batteries at some point but maybe not, and yes I'd wire 2-3 together depending on what kind they are, keeping my generator on board if they run low.

BTW, I went ahead and ordered a couple from 5 Star back on May 3rd. I emailed them just to get an idea of when they'd ship, but no reply. I've also called twice but no answer. They charged my card at the time of purchase and the lack of response is making me a little nervous. Is this generally how they operate? Anybody have another way to contact them?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I'm only replacing 2 - 50 watt lights with the 100 watt ones. I'll have 6 - 50 watt lights and 2 - 100 watt total. I MAY go to batteries at some point but maybe not, and yes I'd wire 2-3 together depending on what kind they are, keeping my generator on board if they run low.

BTW, I went ahead and ordered a couple from 5 Star back on May 3rd. I emailed them just to get an idea of when they'd ship, but no reply. I've also called twice but no answer. They charged my card at the time of purchase and the lack of response is making me a little nervous. Is this generally how they operate? Anybody have another way to contact them?
I'd message them on FB and see whats up. Look up a guy named Victor Lee McNew on there and direct message him first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts