BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals, I am currently rebuilding a 1995 Bass Tracker Pro17 and I am having problems deciding on what color I want to paint her :headbang: ... I don't want to polish the aluminum up because who has that much time to do that and keep it looking good? I would either like to go with a john boat green, or in my image I have three ways to paint what looks like water all over the boat. Which would look better, 1 (top), 2 (middle), 3(bottom) or 4(john boat green). By the way, I will be having the grey camo hydro turf on the front and back platform and a greyish vinyl flooring on the sides and flooring if that helps you picture it. Thanks for all the help and I look forward to any suggestions, I enjoy everyone's two cents!!! I will be starting a new tread here soon that will show you my complete deconstruction and rebirth of the boat. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
green is boring lol make her look cool

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Salty Dawg, are you talking about the sheets that go over it, in that case it would cost too much and I would mess it up so quickly, we bowfish in shallow rocky water and I think it wouldn't last too long... This is a picture my buddy and I came up with for his boat, now I am looking for ideas for mine...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Salty Dawg, are you talking about the sheets that go over it, in that case it would cost too much and I would mess it up so quickly, we bowfish in shallow rocky water and I think it wouldn't last too long... This is a picture my buddy and I came up with for his boat, now I am looking for ideas for mine
guess I'm lost...? I thought you said you were putting down Nat Gear HT... the Nat Gear spray kit is very easy to use... but I have seen some really cool looking paint jobs using sea sponge rollers that kind of give the Natgear web look... i would be glad to dig you up some threads on this also if you want...

but like you said you fish in shallow rocky river and paint would not hold up that well... I'm in the same boat... my bowfishing rig I left bare alum because we use in in rocky and thick timber and paint would look like crap... so would polish alum... so I came up with a reed pattern using a sanding disk on a grinder... took about 2 hours to do the whole boat... this pattern has held up great and doesn't show any wear... I also just web painted the inside to cut down on the glare...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the responses Newbee, Salty Dawg, gmb9015, night, and spyke. Out of 172 views you are the only ones helping right now... I see what your talking about with the NatGear, and I appreciate your input, but I think I like the water idea more... Your boat looks awesome by the way! Love your whole setup!!!

G

·
Sorry but I just dont like the blue stuff....

I think you would get a better look if you picked your middle pattern and put it on the olive drab base and use black for your lines no blotches, Just Olive with the black lines.

Or maybe use a grey for the lines that matches your flooring that you plan on putting down. Im just not digging the aquaflage...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts