BowFishing Country banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning getting a new rig as soon as I sell mine. Gonna go with a 18 70 allweld semi v bare hull atleast as much as I can( rear bench and small front deck which will both be getting pulled out)it will have 28" sides and 27" transom for a long shaft jet want a 200 Mercury jet. I want full walk arounds large flush deck will have 8 hps lights 6 400's for the front and 2 250's in back to help landing fish or getting out of tight spots. Might use my 80lb riptide off my old boat

Still not sure about counsel should I go with stand up center or stand up side? either way I will have a leaning post

Steering stick steer or steering wheel?

Live wells I want a big live well with divider for regular fishing not sure yet how to plumb that up( need picks and ideas for this big time

Probably go with a 20 gallon tank should it go up front or in back

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
200hp? Man you sure it's gonna be rated for that? Might be pretty stern heavy with such a big motor so might be better off with fuel up front. I know with my 135 and 27gal tank (typically only have 10-12gals in) it sits ok but have 4 group 31 batteries up front that helps balance it and sits almost perfectly level once we put 4 guys on the deck.

Oh I've had a 1972 skiff with a cc and now a 1872 with a side console with walk arounds and I would never go back to a CC. I always ended putting stuff on one of the sides of the cc that I was constantly tripping over and squeezing by. Much more room with the side console.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't find weights for Mercury jets but the difference in a 115 pro xs and a 200 pro xs( both props) is 146lbs. I think if fuel and 2 batteries are up front weight should be okay. But I've never fully built a boat so I could be wrong. And I see what you mean I'm really liking carp commanders side council I don't know if his is a stand up but I would make walk arounds with council touching it

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Can't find weights for Mercury jets but the difference in a 115 pro xs and a 200 pro xs( both props) is 146lbs. I think if fuel and 2 batteries are up front weight should be okay. But I've never fully built a boat so I could be wrong. And I see what you mean I'm really liking carp commanders side council I don't know if his is a stand up but I would make walk arounds with council touching it
Ok not as big of a weight difference as I would of thought. I have Carp commanders original mother ship and had the same side console and walk arounds. Without the light rail I could sit but I'm a short guy and basically gotta stand to see especially at night

1 - 4 of 4 Posts