BowFishing Country banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That’s about right. We ran several hours tonight bass fishing and carp shooting and still had juice left.

Found my first issue on this boat. The FIRMAN generator that came with the boat isn’t running right. I get it started and plug in the lights. It’s cycles up and down like it can barely keep the 400 watts of lights running. I shut the lights off and it runs for 20 seconds and dies.

Fortunately, my predator ran like a champ and powered the lights just fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yea the best route to go is with a solid genny and if you save up and get a power max converter (55 amp or bigger) you can run all night, one battery. even with a big genny the converter part of it isnt going to put out what your troller needs to run right. along time ago i tried an Iota brand converter and runny it off a my 5000 watt genny, the battery eventually gave out and busted. so even if you have to save up alittle and buy a good powermax converter and go that route it will well worth the peace of mind knowing you have solid equipment and it will last a long time too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i run 10 100 watt leds and a 24 volt powermax invertered to keep the troller good all night. plenty of amps and power to run all night. i run a 1860 tracker grizzly. i use a 3500 watt predator genny from harbor freight.
Would a 2000 watt predator run the lights fine or do I need a 3500 watt if I have 10 100 watt lights, I built a deck hung lights and have zero idea how to wire them or what to use, gonna be a bit of a learning experience

21 - 23 of 23 Posts