BowFishing Country banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a couple of older H-frame oneidas. a tomcat and something else the stickers are all off. how do i tell what length string i need to order for them since the info stickers are missing?? also one when the strings off one of the bows cables are super tight and the other one is extremely loose(actually theyre loose with the string on too). What could be the problem here/is that normal?

Thanks-Hunter

·
Registered
677 Posts
Measure the old strings to get the length or take them to a bow shop and they can tell you.....

Your cables being tight is probably because the limbs are screwed down for high poundage, if they don't loosen up when you back off the limbs then you probably have the wrong size string.....

Vise versa with your cables being loose, either your limbs are backed off too much or your string is too big....

Try tightening or loosening your limbs to adjust cable tension, but be sure to count your turns and always adjust each limb....

As far as that goes, if that don't work then I would send it off to someone who works on Oneidas to have them look at it and make sure the timing and all is good... :tu:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
ive got a couple of older H-frame oneidas. a tomcat and something else the stickers are all off. how do i tell what length string i need to order for them since the info stickers are missing?? also one when the strings off one of the bows cables are super tight and the other one is extremely loose(actually theyre loose with the string on too). What could be the problem here/is that normal?

Thanks-Hunter
Hunter to find out what string you need for your bow look under the outboard limb in front of the hinge. And look under the grip for the serial numbers and once we know we can figure out which bows you have and what strings you need. I work on all lever action bows and make quality custom strings and cables here in my shop. You can also call 207 629 9365 for more information.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hunter to find out what string you need for your bow look under the outboard limb in front of the hinge. And look under the grip for the serial numbers and once we know we can figure out which bows you have and what strings you need. I work on all lever action bows and make quality custom strings and cables here in my shop. You can also call 207 629 9365 for more information.
Or that will do it too!! :tu: .......... Still waiting for my name to be called on the list there! :tap: :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts