BowFishing Country banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally making the switch from the bottle to the spinner. Picked up a Muzzy XD Pro today at Academy. Since I'll being tying to the back with this set-up, I needed a new rest. (I previously used Whisker Biscuits but heard Quick Draw was the way to go with TTB.)

Anyways, the only place locally that has a rest like this was Bass Pro. It was labeled the Archenemy Rapid Fire and I grabbed one...but sure looks like a Cajun Quick Draw to me.

Does anyone know if Cajun is licensing these to BPS? I believe I read they did this with the PSE Snapshot...

Also, I plan to order some spare pins and associated parts... Any other suggestions from someone making the switch?

Archenemy Rapid Fire:
http://www.basspro.com/Archenemy-Rapid-Fire-Bowfishing-Rest/product/1410070732217/
Capture.JPG

Cajun Quick Draw:
abf4410_quickdrawrest.jpg

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
you got all your labels mixed up man. The "QuickDraw" rest is made solely by Bill and Penny Montgomery and Quickdrawoutdoorgear. all versions of the "QD" the PSE snapshot, and the BPS archenemy are licensed versions of the original QD and all originate directly from Bill and Penny Montgomery. any version you buy you are supporting those who support us.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Thanks for setting me straight.

Also thanks for all your instructional videos. I watched the XD disassembly and tuning videos again this afternoon!

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
I recommend taking off the caps of your new reel and watch my XD repair video's. its much easier to diagnose problems once your familiar with the moving parts. download the parts blow-up and consider shimming the new reel right out of the box. most breakdowns occur when the drag of the reel is over tightened. once your familiar with your moving parts its very easy to understand how to tune and make them run more reliable. keep in mind its a piece of equipment and requires some maintenance. The XD is a very strong reel but the assembly tolerances are fairly sloppy to allow for easy fit and low mfg. cost. so if you take the time to "tune" and tighten those tolerances the end result will be much stronger and reliable. if you ever come across a XD problem message me here, youtube, or FB. I help people daily with their gear issues, and I'm happy to do so.:D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for setting me straight.

Also thanks for all your instructional videos. I watched the XD disassembly and tuning videos again this afternoon!
great bud, hope it helped. since your just getting into the XD world ill recommend you getting a few parts.

(3-4)-main shims.... ........xd-51
(1)-main gear .................xd-40
(2-3)-pick up in....... .......xd-5
(2-3)-carrier roller ...........xd-4
(1)-spare roto assembly ...xd-3a

most repairs start at home but a spare "roto assembly" will get you out of a pinch, especially when you forget to push the button.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts