BowFishing Country banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, justbought my lady a new mission menance. Was wondering if setting the nock point is different for a bowfishing arrow, than hunting arrow. I setup my recurve andhad good flight with the same knock point as i used for my hunting arrows. Not sure if that was coincidental. Also is there any other tricks i need to know. thanks. I am using ams wave rest. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Nock point should be set with the arrow shaft complety level and covering the rest mounting hole in the riser. Set the nocking point there and then adjust the rest from there to tune the bow. That will work for both hunting and fishing arrows. Just make sure when you switch rests for hunting you set it up exactly level again. Hunting arrows do not need to be set nock high like fishing arrows do. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have never setup and tuned a bow with a nock lower then 1/2in nock high and depending on the came design some may go up to 3/4in or more. Most 2 cam bows in time will tune around 1/2in or so, but solo cam bows will have to be higher.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
My suggestion is just a place to start. Like markland said most bowfishing bows will need to be set nock high. So set the arrow level like i suggested and then drop the rest down till it tunes right. Hunting bows however usually shoot best set level shooting with a release.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts