BowFishing Country banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
We are gonna let you slide since you're new and all, but it is wildly inappropriate to only half reveal a gem like the little red boat you are hiding from us. There are some other items that you should include good pictures of if you are going to have them in the background of any photos you post on this forum. Those items include, but are not limited to....Mint condition Gen 1 Cummins powered Dodge trucks, 1968 Camaros in any condition, Factory Ford Hi-Boys, and smoking hot chicks in bikinis. :laugh:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah that was the another boat a guy had for sale when i picked this one up. I got this for 300 which i didnt think was a bad deal wanted a 1860 or bigger but this will have to do for now. Gonna shoot out of my buddies boat for the rest of this year and work on on this for the spring.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
great little boat. If I'm thinking correctly those are all .100" hulls and welded??? good deal for $300.

like shooter said, do yourself a favor early on and remove all of the plywood from the boat. You can lay a new floor with rivets if you don't know how to weld or know someone who can. Just fix it to the support beams across the floor.

Id suggest a flush deck. smaller boats like that can get sketchy when you start elevating the weight in the boat. Be sure that you can still access the open space below the deck as you can never have enough storage space!

slap a hand controlled 55lb troller on the bow and a 25-40hp tiller on the back and let her rip! OR if you want to get ballzy, get a 23hp copperhead on the back and just rip chit up!! little boat like that can get you a lot of places.

when you are looking at trolling motors, I've found that buying a long shaft TRANSOM mount 55lb troller seems to be the cheapest way. You can find them on craigslist fairly often by me. Usually $100 or so. they have 1-2 bolts on the bottom of the troller head. remove the bolts and flip the head around to make it a bow mount troller. I don't know why, but the second a troller is listed as a bow mount from the factory, the price doubles. this is an easy way to have the same thing. You will go through a lot of trollers if you get overly zealous trying to push through thick weeds and muck. A $100 used troller hurts a lot less than a $450 new one.

here is a pic of how I made the bracket for my little duck rig and the bow mount troller.

this way is nice too bc you don't have the extra 30lbs of bow mounted bracket to worry about either.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
We are gonna let you slide since you're new and all, but it is wildly inappropriate to only half reveal a gem like the little red boat you are hiding from us. There are some other items that you should include good pictures of if you are going to have them in the background of any photos you post on this forum. Those items include, but are not limited to....Mint condition Gen 1 Cummins powered Dodge trucks, 1968 Camaros in any condition, Factory Ford Hi-Boys, and smoking hot chicks in bikinis. :laugh:

I didn't see this thread in Oct, bird season here then, but I thought the same thing about that little boat. We got stopped by a guy when we had our "hybrid" duck boats in the back of the truck, first week of the season, the year I built them. They had not been painted camo yet so had that nice wood and glass appearance yet. The guy asked what's the fastest they go? His eyes lit up when I told him 65mph! On the highway... Maybe 3 mph with TM. He thought there were "pumpkinseed racers". I had never heard of such, but that may be similar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts