BowFishing Country banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate normal fishing, but bow fishing is really different and much more fun. What is the best bow to start with?

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Matter of opinion your gonna get a bunch of opinionated answers ...... think the easiest answer without getting specific is lever bows but some will still contest that

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Matter of opinion your gonna get a bunch of opinionated answers ...... think the easiest answer without getting specific is lever bows but some will still contest that
Hey there! Yeah, That's me lol I will contest that all day long. Lever bows is a cult and oneidas are the koolaid :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Like others have said it depends on your personal preference but since you have no experience you have no gauge.

Choosing anything in this sport, Ultimately, comes down to budget. If you have a $100-$300 budget you could get an old hunting compound bow, a newish compound bow or a 30 year old lever bow. If your budget is $300-$550 you can get a good new compound set up or a late 90's early 2000's oneida. If your budget is between $550-$900 you can look at new/used Oneida Ospreys. If your budget is over $900 you can start looking at custom lever bows.

But then you gotta factor in reels, arrows, rests, yada-yada-yada.

If you can tell us where you wanna start we can give you our preferences and best suggestions

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
I will say this as well a lot of people my self included are just so hooked that they want to just get something to get going and then the more you do it the more your needs will change. for example im on my 3rd boat set up as far as lights and genny and 2nd bow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts