BowFishing Country banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Amsugg is correct run only the powermax when fishing. Running your onboard charger while running your trolling motor or lights will fry your charger, and possibly the board on your trolling motor.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello everyone. From Michigan here. I’ve decided to get into the world of bowfishing with zero previous experience. I have a seaark RX180 cc that I’m currently in the process of setting up. I ordered 10- 50 watt 24 volt 2700k LED floods, a 30 amp battery charger, 2000 watt inverter generator, and a list full of other goodies. I will probably have lots of questions about this and would like some opinions about my setup and would like some input about how to setup, what to change, what bows and arrows to get, what type of water to fish in, what times of the year to go etc. I’m excited about this new hobby and look forward to learning all about it.
Check out BAM Bowfishing Association Michigan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone. From Michigan here. I’ve decided to get into the world of bowfishing with zero previous experience. I have a seaark RX180 cc that I’m currently in the process of setting up. I ordered 10- 50 watt 24 volt 2700k LED floods, a 30 amp battery charger, 2000 watt inverter generator, and a list full of other goodies. I will probably have lots of questions about this and would like some opinions about my setup and would like some input about how to setup, what to change, what bows and arrows to get, what type of water to fish in, what times of the year to go etc. I’m excited about this new hobby and look forward to learning all about it.
Hello, I am from Michigan maybe I can help.
I never bow fished from a boat but have been very successful walking the banks.
Where about a in Michigan.
I am familiar with Lake St. Clair and the waters in that area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well finally got the light setup completed. Ended up going with 15 lights. Just took it out this morning to test it out and seems to work great. All are mounted on traxstech system and the whole system can be removed in 5 minutes. Any input on changes?
Motor vehicle Sky Tree Vehicle Road surface
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Asphalt Truck
Boat Watercraft Motor vehicle Tree Tire
Motor vehicle Sky Tree Vehicle Road surface
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Asphalt Truck
Boat Watercraft Motor vehicle Tree Tire
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Boat trailer Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Hood Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Trunk
Automotive tire Hood Electrical wiring Cable Auto part

·
Registered
256 Posts
May want to figure out a way to put a top rail over the lights. That way your line won't get hung up on a light while fighting a fish. Otherwise looks good.

What size are your lights and batteries?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
May want to figure out a way to put a top rail over the lights. That way your line won't get hung up on a light while fighting a fish. Otherwise looks good.

What size are your lights and batteries?
9 lights are 50 watts and 6 are 30’s advertised. Batteries are 115 amp/hour I believe group 29. Putting a meter on it all lights are a total of 510 watts. So they are less than advertised. And I got a 40 amp converter so I should have roughly 20 amps of leftover power for my Trolling motor. First trip was a success.

·
Registered
156 Posts
9 lights are 50 watts and 6 are 30’s advertised. Batteries are 115 amp/hour I believe group 29. Putting a meter on it all lights are a total of 510 watts. So they are less than advertised. And I got a 40 amp converter so I should have roughly 20 amps of leftover power for my Trolling motor. First trip was a success.

View attachment 244047
Nice catch! What will you do on your catch?

·
Registered
31 Posts

View attachment 244047
Great catch! Good for 1week 😁

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Made a steer stick out of my trolling motor foot pedal that I never use. Like it more than using my co-pilot remote control.

·
Administrator
15,645 Posts
Love the removable light rails, awesome idea. Same with the steer stick!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts