BowFishing Country banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

******* nightmare

5K views 52 replies 29 participants last post by  mike 
#1 ·
can anybody tell me why when ******* is trying to sell u a boat they will call the crap out of you , when they owe you something they wont answer the phone funny how that works , a three week boat build took 9 months !all i need now is some parts and my troller and i will finally be officially done with ******* boats but they wont respond !!!!!!and like most on here never again!!!

#3 · (Edited)
I feel you brother,About 8 months ago a good friend got me in contact with ******* I was in the market to build $700,000 worth of work boats for my company.
I recieved bids from Shawn and everything was a go.My friend had a boat there being built since April of last yr(and is still there today)I did not want my builds to get in the way of my friends boat so my only concern was Shawn would see the $$$ signs and put his boat aside.
So I asked Shawn to complete my buddies boat 1st and then we would do buisness.
One excuse after another and he still has'nt completed his boat.
I took my builds to another company and in 3 months I have 2 boats completed and working should have the rest completed by July.

Im not going to get into great detail but I will give the full detail with names and everything If Shawn don't get off his azz and do whats right and complete the damn boat.
Your lucky my friend is a GREAT MAN and is willing to work with you but I would NEVER have been treated this way.
As much CHIT as you have put this guy through You should deliver the boat to his door step instead of him driving 7 hrs from S,Tex to get a boat that probably is'nt going to be completed anyway.

Shawn,
This is why I took my buisness elsewhere because of your BULLCHIT!!
From the looks of things $700,000 might have been a game changer for your company but I guess it was'nt that important.
******* is a want to be boat builder and I wouldnt send my worst enemy to them at this time.
Shawn this is not a donation someone is asking for You were paid to do this service in full up front when you needed the money he gave it all to you.
Shawn do whats right and complete his boat and I will get back on here and let everyone know you stood up as a man and done what you were paid to do.
My friend is not involved in my post in any way and will prob kick my azz for posting it.lol
It just burns my azz to hear of deals like this going down and these companies just keep on especially when a great friend is involved.

#13 ·
I don't believe a builder can be that swamped I believe its more of a cash flow issue.
Its not just them It happens to alot of companies Labor,Materials is a huge overhead as well as with my company.
If you don't manage the deposit money well you will start paying your personal buisness with your money that should go towards the cost of materials,labor.
Before long you are waiting on 1 guy to pick his boat up and pay for it so you can complete the next boat.
This is what drives most companines under.
You either have good management or Lots of credit at the bank.lol

#15 ·
guys i did get my boat and i do like the design but they had to paint it to cover up the grinder marks witch he had to grind all the nasty looking welds down to make it look half way decent but it looks like my 9 year old grandson welded it ! this has been the most agravating deal ive ever been involved with ive lost track of all the exscuses ive heard , nobody will answer their phone i had to be a grade a a**hole to get mine in 9 mo , i was told this , any body heard this one??? man i can build you a boat in three weeks, if u can pay me half i can start on it tuesday then 6 mo later, man i got your hull done but i need the rest the money to finish it ! then one of my workers ruined your boat im gonna half to start over , then i got evicted from my shop, then its so hot , then its been raining, then i cant get a trailer built would you take a used trailer now its been a month since i picked up my boat even though he didnt have my troller they were going to send it to me still not here they wont give a tracking number wont call me back, parts are missing on out board dont have that either im sick and tired of ******* .

#19 ·
Wuzunt there a whole bunch of people get banned off this site cause they was trying to tell folks not to do business with *******? LOL, what go around come around.

Anywho, it sucks for yall, and sadly, many of these custom builders will turn belly up and file bankruptcy, and evidently are able to escape having to pay you back for your losses. I hope and pray its a different story fo yall tho. Good luck .

#35 ·
It sux to hear of folks constantly getting cheated out of their hard earned money. A good friend of mine got RAPED by silverdollar..and this just keeps happening with diff "custom builders" out that way. I dont get it? Why cant folks just be honest and do the dam job their payed to do?

#36 ·
It sux to hear of folks constantly getting cheated out of their hard earned money. A good friend of mine got RAPED by silverdollar..and this just keeps happening with diff "custom builders". I dont get it? Why cant folks just be honest and do the dam job their payed to do?
And why are they always on this site taking advantage of these members.....maybe they should have to have been a reputable buisness for X amount of years before they should be allowed to advertise here? That may help with some of this non sense

#39 ·
******* boats will not be invited back to bfc due to there current (and past) business practices. And I advise anyone looking at doing a custom build to do your homework on a company before putting down a large chunk of money. And that doesn't matter whether the company is a year old or 20 years old, do some homework, ask for references etc. :co:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.