BowFishing Country banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who all is using the nock adapters on their arrows so they can use those S nocks? Seen people use them but never done it. Looks sweet cause most of the arrows in our broken arrow pile are just stretched out nocks or busted nocks. Don't seem super expensive at like $5 a piece but feel like that could get expensive if we have a rough night for losing arrows where we cant get them back

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I've used them before. Made my arrows fly stupid.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I made my own from a gold tip arrow just put the fiberglass arrow in my hand drill and use sand paper to sand it down to fit then, ran the gold tip over it, epoxy it on and stick a insert knock into it or even a lighted knock worked great i still tie to the back. So the arrow remains same size

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Take good razor knife, cut off busted nocks, clean up taper with nock taper tool (looks like pencil sharpener) and glue on new nock.....

·
Registered
462 Posts
Take good razor knife, cut off busted nocks, clean up taper with nock taper tool (looks like pencil sharpener) and glue on new nock.....
I've found that I can usually take a pair of pliers and squeeze and twist the nock and it will pop right off along with the glue. No clean up necessary. If that fails, break out the knife. I've also noticed a dull knife can be better sometimes. Once it starts to cut, it can pop the nock off; a razor sharp one will slice the plastic nock like butter and not break loose the glue. I recommend the nocks like RPM sells.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
The Noc adapters slide over the fiberglass making a lip. When that lip catches your rest it makes poor arrow flight. Fee guys were making arrows that were lathed down so they and smaller adapters so there wouldn't be a lip that worked great.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
yeah i noticed my accuracy decreases with the adaptors but as soon as i go to arrow without one im back on ... could be mental? sure... could be adapter ...more then likely. i had to glue my adaptors on( kept popping off) so im pretty positive they hit and screw up arrow flight

·
Registered
837 Posts
I am telling you taking your own is easy and they will be the same size as your arrow I think i used 55/75 gold tip and then i even put a wrap on them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts