BowFishing Country banner

Oneida bows

3K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  amsugg 
#1 ·
Newish to Bowfishing, wondering why the Oneida bows have such a large following and fetch such a price when compared to some of the double cam compounds ect? Can someone fill me in? Thanks!

#9 ·
.......and you can put one back together on the boat. I'm sure that FPS and kinetic energy are related, but they just seem to hit harder than others at the same draw weight. Probably all in my head. Kinda like horsepower on an airboat when torque is what really makes them go. It's way easier to understand if you just shoot one. Did I mention how cool they look at full draw?

#10 ·
the way I look at it is probably not the right way but perception is reality so... anyways I feel like it is much more natural to shoot instinctively with a recurve than a compound. The advantage an osprey has over a regular recurve is the let off. Like mud said, shoot one and see. I know plenty of folks who don't care for them.

#14 ·
the way I look at it is probably not the right way but perception is reality so... anyways I feel like it is much more natural to shoot instinctively with a recurve than a compound. The advantage an osprey has over a regular recurve is the let off. Like mud said, shoot one and see.

I know plenty of folks who don't care for them.
The ones that don't like them are the ones that got hit "in the sack" with lower limb when first tried shooting one...

#13 ·
They have that smoothness of draw like a recurve, but throw a faster arrow without the holding weight or recoil/hand shock. They are very easy to tune for near perfect arrow flight. Just one string for tie to back safety, no crossed cables. Also, they look badass as long as they aren't some fairy color.

The only drawback is the weight... and maybe the whap! a RH shooter might get on a right to left fish if you don't move your feet.

#25 ·
mine poped me in the sac and i still love mine .... i just punished it by cleaning it so it had no more battle blood on it :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.