BowFishing Country banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still looking to upgrade. 1998 seaark. 20' with a 90 2 stroke Mariner. Average shape. Nothing but a trailer and troller. $7,500. Deal or not? Needs a trolling motor. Would like to upgrade the trailer, tires, bearings etc. install my lights and batteries. Add a deck. Maybe 10K when I'm done.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a side console, MV 2072. According to online specs its a 100 gage hull. I have a local mechanic who would look at the motor so that does not worry me.
I have a 1652 PolarKraft now and would like something a little larger. An 1860 with a 90 is what I've been looking for. I shoot mostly inland lakes and I'm wondering if a 20 is going to be to large?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Everything I've read on Sea Ark states that the 72" wide models are .125" thick. As far as price I'd use the NADA guide and go from there. Same for the motor. I have a 1650 and I think it's a great size but I fish alone so it has plenty of room for me. The only other one I'd even remotely be interested in would be a 1872, then I'd have to let the 1650 go. Is it too large for inland lakes? I'd assume that has a lot to do with the size of the lake.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
My last SeaArk 1872 was a 2000 model year, and it was .125 hull. BUT, the ribs were made from .100. The older model years had thinner ribs according to the SeaArk general manager-he personally told me this when I picked up my current boat at the factory.

If there's any doubt call the factory and ask em, it'll take all of 5mins and you'll have the answer.

As for size only you can decide that. I fish in some pretty serious water, and even in 4-5ft'ers I never felt my boat was too small. I wouldn't have felt any safer in a 20' boat vs the 18'. When it came to my current boat I coulda bought any size, but stuck with 1872, because IMO it's the perfect size. But if it's a screaming deal it's hard to pass up a 20'.

If the boats in good shape, with a strong running motor and a good trailer you're looking at a good deal there.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
My last SeaArk 1872 was a 2000 model year, and it was .125 hull. BUT, the ribs were made from .100. The older model years had thinner ribs according to the SeaArk general manager-he personally told me this when I picked up my current boat at the factory.

If there's any doubt call the factory and ask em, it'll take all of 5mins and you'll have the answer.

As for size only you can decide that. I fish in some pretty serious water, and even in 4-5ft'ers I never felt my boat was too small. I wouldn't have felt any safer in a 20' boat vs the 18'. When it came to my current boat I coulda bought any size, but stuck with 1872, because IMO it's the perfect size. But if it's a screaming deal it's hard to pass up a 20'.

If the boats in good shape, with a strong running motor and a good trailer you're looking at a good deal there.

You know what they say about guys with small boats......

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
I have had a 1748 BassTracker and 2072 SeaArk now, with the 2072 I can fish almost everywhere I did with the BassTracker in all but some of the smallest creeks,and center console keeps me out of a few real bridges that could fit under with the BassTracker but can't go under now with SeaArk, BUT I can fish way more water in the 2072 that wouldn't even consider running to or fishing if was in the BassTracker....... Everything has its trade offs

1 - 17 of 17 Posts