BowFishing Country banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been shopping to upgrade the Excel, and the boss and I both like the SeaArk Bay Extreme 220. This will be a primarily deep water boat, but I'd like to take it to FL once in a while to chase some reds. I feel like a good ride will be a little more important than running shallower. Here's the question. 14* V bottom, or 7* tunnel hull? With the right jack plate on the 14* , will I be shallow enough? Will the tunnel hull ride good in rough water? Also, we are considering a Suzuki 175 or 200 instead of a Yamaha. Any thoughts on that plan? Thanks in advance men!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a 2472 seaark 14 degree hull. 25" transom. with a 225 Yamaha.. great ride. runs plenty shallow

also have its brother in 4 degree. rides well and the boat is long enough to span. there is a difference in how dry the ride is, also the deep hull weighs more so it will break waves better instead of slapping on top of them. my .02
hit me up and you can take them out anytime

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So we stopped at the SeaArk dealer on the way home today and things got complicated. The boss is kinda in love with the Big Easy, and the mini boss wants the Pro Cat 240 with the big reclining seats in the back. They are outa my budget, and they both SUCK to stand up and drive. The girls want a dual console boat to get out of the wind, and I want to stand up to drive. It's looking like there can only be one solution to this problem. Time to call West Fork Customs! LOL

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
So we stopped at the SeaArk dealer on the way home today and things got complicated. The boss is kinda in love with the Big Easy, and the mini boss wants the Pro Cat 240 with the big reclining seats in the back. They are outa my budget, and they both SUCK to stand up and drive. The girls want a dual console boat to get out of the wind, and I want to stand up to drive. It's looking like there can only be one solution to this problem. Time to call West Fork Customs! LOL
Aw chit!!! Let's turn up to 10!!!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2484 15* mod V with a nice front deck, dual consoles, air ride seats, twin counter rotating 200's, winter enclosure, 50 gallon forward tank, tons of dry storage........... Honey. Honey. HONEY!!!! Wake up! You're scaring the kids!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Do it. Only use a single Mercury Verado 400 instead of the twin 200s

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
2484 15* mod V with a nice front deck, dual consoles, air ride seats, twin counter rotating 200's, winter enclosure, 50 gallon forward tank, tons of dry storage........... Honey. Honey. HONEY!!!! Wake up! You're scaring the kids!
Dual tunnels!!
:co:

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
If I recall correctly you built the coolest 12 footer ever, so why are you buying as opposed to building?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I agree with Gary build it you can design it how you want then.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd say if anything happens, that will be the plan. Anybody wanna buy the coolest 12 footer ever? I think I can get enough out of the Excel to buy the power plant I'd like. :laugh:

Who has a 24' brake?

·
Registered
430 Posts
What's the price going to be on the 1260? With and without the surface drive. I LOVE that little phucker

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Surface drive is gone. It's got a 50 horse mercury four stroke on it. $8,500 and you own it. I've got a 25 horse Johnson that would be a little more appropriate for it. $7,000 for that package.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Pierce can hook you up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts