BowFishing Country banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Personal prefrence. Some like a flush deck and other want to be sky hi. Stability is also a factor.

I want to be as high as possible.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I have fished day and night off both, imo higher is better, I have a 20" tall deck on top of the existing deck on my dad's 1860 g3

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Just depends on what you shoot. I wouldn't have anything but a flush deck. But I only night fish.

·
Registered
357 Posts
My boat is a 1760. I've shot from 30"-50" off the floor. When fish are thick or have new shooters 30" was better. Less fish and more experienced shooters we liked 50". Day shooting 50" is much better then 30" for everyone

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, My son Jared and i just built a new deck on our new to us Oquakwa 20x60 and its 48 inches of the floor. 8 foot wide and 6 feet deep, Ill post some pics when i get a chance . Its up there LOL. so much so I thought i had gone too far.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just remember the higher u raise the deck the less stability u will have in the boat and it may prevent u from going under low bridges and other obstacles in ur path to where a bunch of fish may be. It'll just be something u will have to experiment with and decide what height is best for u.

·
Registered
462 Posts
It's easier to shoot from higher up. Don't let a high deck become a crutch. I've seen a lot of people get spoiled by one, and they can't hit jack from anything else. Hone your skills standing close to the water and shooting far out and you will be able to shoot from anywhere.

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
I preffer the field of view that a higher deck offers. My deck is approx 42" off the water depending on load.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
It's easier to see fish for sure. But if you're gonna be yanking in a couple hundred fish a night it can be a huge pain

1 - 13 of 13 Posts