BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found one up here in washington state, Guy says its 3/16 alu looks like a pretty tough boat ,Its a 2060 flat bottom with a v shaped bow .Tiller with a 70 H.P. Suzuki 4 stroke, Nice single axle trailer and a minn kota power guide, Hes asking 12,000.00 I think i can buy it for 10,000.00 Boat trailer and motor are all 2007 what you all think ? I think i read on here before that they are built really well ?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Carpn on here had one, an 1872. It was a pretty nice rig, definitely built tough, some of the nicest welds Ive ever seen on a boat. The only negative I can remember was getting absolutely SOAKED if there was much more than a 1ft chop. Not sure what woulda helped out with that, but the good still outweighed the bad.

Thats kind of an odd size, and even more strange to see a 20ft flat bottom tiller, but if its what you're looking for grab it. They are very, very solid boats.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There good boats. Thats a common size around here for commercial fisherman. Both my uncle and his buddy run 2060 tiller oquawka rigs.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
they are a Mississippi river commercial boat. built like dang tanks... may be a little under powered with a 70hp but still awesome boats.

·
Premium Member
7,657 Posts
Indeed.

And in 3 days, today will not be yesterday, but instead, it will be 2 days ago. Or, perhaps it will become the day before yesterday.

There are very deep thoughts.
Just like the the local bar with the " Free beer tomorrow" sign

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
If you think about it it's never really tomorrow, whenever you get to tomorrow it's today so you'll never actually have tomorrow because when tomorrow is today was yesterday and tomorrow is still tomorrow....until it's yesterday

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All right already, Ill do it tomorrow I have been busy Coyote calling and have a terrible cold BUT just for you guys ill get off my Butt and GET R DONE :laugh:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the pic of the motor is not the oquawka somehow i loaded the wrong one LOL. The oquawka has a 70 hp suzuki 4 stroke with stainless prop , gonna be a fun winter project Ill leave it a tiller i want the floor wide open, just going to add a shooting deck and some lights.Boat has a 2 inch drain going to be easy cleanup .

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
That thing looks like a beast for sure, that'll make a really nice set up, are you doing a troller or kicker?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
will be building a shooting deck, adding my humminbird Helix 7 GPS and a minn kota 101 and some show me customs 400 watt HPS lights thats all i have planned for now. I want to keep it wide open so ill stick with the tiller.may do a side console if i dont like the tiller .Not in a hurry with winter coming ,But ill post some pics when i get her done.Had to change our site name, got a new computer and had to make a new password and all that so now we are Slimedogs , The name of our team.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Dang Jerry!!!!!!!! Big time Upgrade!!!!! Congrats on the new boat. I'm sure we'll see you at every tournament for sure this year.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We will sure try to make them,Last year was our first year bow fishing, I really didn't know what i wanted or what was needed in a boat. After seeing what everyone was running and using and thru trial and error we were able to start putting fish in the boat. I felt uncomfortable in the .100 hull and didn't want to push it. This boat will give me a lot of confidence while out on the water. I cannot thank you guys enough for sharing valuable information and showing us the ropes.Switching from the bottles to the spinners was in itself a huge leap. Again with the help of the guys with the WBA finding the right arrow, Point combo was yet another milestone. You can shoot fish but if you cant get them into the boat its all for not .This should be a fun winter project.The tandem Tricker trailer will look great under this hull.Thanks for all the help this past season, See you in the spring

·
Registered
853 Posts
We are all just a call away. Glad to see you have some success! I love this sport!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts