BowFishing Country banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to order my motor bracket for my 9.8 Tohatsu 4-stroke. I'm looking at the Panther 55-0410 and the Garelick 71090. Do yall have any pros and cons to these two brackets?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Ive never used a Garelick. I have a Panther 55-0410 currently, which is over kill for a 9.8 but that's what I wanted. so id say good choice. The adjustability is great. The customer service is also top notch, quick to respond to emails and very friendly.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I figured both were overkill but I didn't want to fight it when trying to reach around the genny rack to raise and lower it. Plus I didn't want to be driving down the road, hit a bump, and see my kicker sliding down the road lol

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I've got the Garelick unit. It's robust and has good adjustability. If you bolt your kicker to the bracket you won't have any worries about losing a motor going down the road unless you hit one hell of a pot hole! One thing to bear in mind about these units is that they work great going forward but not so well in reverse.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
One thing to bear in mind about these units is that they work great going forward but not so well in reverse.
Its funny you say that because my boat does not reverse like I thought it would but my buddys boat with the same bracket will go reverse damn near as fast as forward. I figured id was because of the size of the transom I have.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Reverse has more to do with how deep your motor sits and prop selection.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I have the panther 55-0416 and I like how it works. I don't like that no matter how much I strap it down it bounces like crazy going down the road.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Reverse has more to do with how deep your motor sits and prop selection.
shallow or well below water line doesnt show noticable difference. As for props, on my motor again it wasnt significant and im as low of a pitch as i can get for the motor. May be the combination, who knows..

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
If you get a sail boat style prop it'll reverse great lol. Also the angle of your transom plays into it. The steeper the transom the more it'll just shove water at it.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
If you get a sail boat style prop it'll reverse great lol. Also the angle of your transom plays into it. The steeper the transom the more it'll just shove water at it.
Since I've never even set foot on a sail boat, I don't have a clue what a prop for one should look like. My transom is 7* I believe. Are you referring to a 2 blade prop?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
No I'm referring to the big flat 3-4 blade props. They also come on the high thrust motors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts