BowFishing Country banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first attempt at a simple wire job on my boat. I have zero electrical knowledge, but I have spent countless hours on here reading about it. Can you guys check my wire diagram and let me know if I have everything laid out right? I highlighted in yellow a few questions on wire size. Give me a pass or fail and any suggestions you would recommend.

Also, the picture of the back of my switch panel says "connect to 12V DC only". Can I still use this switch panel running 24v?

Thank you in advance for checking my work and the feedback.

Capacitor Electrical wiring Electronic component Electronics Wire Capacitor Electrical wiring Electronic component Electronics Wire

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I'd give it a pass, looks like everything should work, although if its a 100lb trolling motor odds are it's a 36v system and you'd need 3 batteries

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Pass but if the troller is a 101 you will need another battery to make it 36 volt then you will need 1 more jumper wire.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So I'm most likely just splitting hair and everything is fine.... but I feel I should point out:

If the switch panel is really only 30W (and not 30A) you're trying to run way too much power through it. Now, assuming it's 30A, the question on the switch panel is the voltage shouldn't be an issue but power might. Switches are generally rated at lower power than they can handle. At low voltage (under ~240V) total power (wattage) going through is what matters, and since the formula is P=IV then if you double the voltage you're running through it, you half the amperage to stay at the same power.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, my troller must be 80lb because I am running it off 24v. Without checking, I thought the control dial went past 80.

Volock, it is a 30amp switch panel, not 30w. My error.

Thank you for the feedback guys! Ive been day shooting for years. This will be my first ever attempt at night shooting. Can't wait to give it a try.

·
Registered
126 Posts
How are you connecting the trolling motor to the 2 awg wire to the batteries?

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
How are you connecting the trolling motor to the 2 awg wire to the batteries?
Are you getting at should be good to include circuit breaker or fuse the troller circuit also. Would be a good idea

·
Registered
126 Posts
50 amp circuit breaker is a good idea but I am also looking for how to connect the #6-8 wire on a trolling with the #2 wire connected to the battery, what kind of plugs does everyone use that will handle the 36 volt 112 lb trolling motors

·
Registered
271 Posts
This is my first attempt at a simple wire job on my boat. I have zero electrical knowledge, but I have spent countless hours on here reading about it. Can you guys check my wire diagram and let me know if I have everything laid out right? I highlighted in yellow a few questions on wire size. Give me a pass or fail and any suggestions you would recommend.

Also, the picture of the back of my switch panel says "connect to 12V DC only". Can I still use this switch panel running 24v?

Thank you in advance for checking my work and the feedback.

View attachment 201225 View attachment 201225
I would have used insulated females on your switch panel....plus heat shrink.that would keep out moisture.and corrosion....maybe some dielectric gel...also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts