BowFishing Country banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a osprey new it's med draw and I put a muzzy fish hook on it and a nock point and had it shooting bullet wholes in a few shots. I've shot it awesome for the past 3 weeks then I notice the top limb wash out of the pocket. So I let the poundage down took the string off slid the limb back, waxed the string and put it back together. I shot it in the pond to make sure everything was ok and it was kicking the nock of the arrow to the right. No matter what I do it still kicks to the right. I takes to one of the guys at onieda and he said to check my tiller timing. I adjusted it and it is perfect but still kicking bad. I've adjusted my rest, lowered poundage, shot more poundage, shot different arrows and even torque of my wrist. I know it's not my release cos I can pick up one of my menaces and shoot perfect on top of my 6 years of shooting Nasp in the school program. I dont know what to do its driving me nuts cos the arrow ends up 2 ft to the left of where I'm aiming. Any help would be greatly appreciated before this bow is in a cow paster or sunk one! I'm shooting 1 over. I normally shot 3 under but it kicks the arrow terribly 3 under with this bow i dont know y.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ahh dont throw it in a cow pasture. Throw it in a box with my address on it for the ups man to deliver it to my house hahaha. All joking aside ive had some bad experiences trying to get something fixed from that company hope you get things figured out. They are too much money to not have them driving tacks.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Did you loosen the timing screw when adjusting poundage and tillering the bow? You need to contact Joe at American Eagle bows and get you some enclosed limb pockets so you don't have this problem anymore!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah adjusted the tiller. I only loosened the orange screw " timing screw I guess". I got them measuring the same. Is there anything else I should have loosened. I saw a post saying a small set screw needed to be loss end also to adjust timing cable.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Still blows my mind that these bows are being sold new and practically require aftermarket limb pockets to function reliably. Might need to be realigned somehow beyond basic timing and tiller. Sorry I can't help, but quoting the famous words of our greatest president from Arkansas, "I feel your pain".

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Had exact same issue loosen timing screw on side of cam then the little set screw on timing wheel. Tighten timing cable screw snug and hold there while tightening the little set screw then back to cam timing Allen and tighten it. No idea why this fixes a tailing shaft.

I bet I worked on mine two hours before doing this.

Also if over 35 pounds a white shaft socks for tuning, not enough spine.

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts