BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Administrator
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know with the spring approaching we DO have some lazy bowfishermen and women. A problem we all fight and must watch is the dumping of fish on the banks and boat ramps. Some younger bowfishers may not know so we must teach in order to keep our right to bowfish.

An idea I have come up with is IF you do see fish dumping in an area we can take action in catching the ones doing it. With the technology almost all of us have today we can use it as a tool. If you see fish dumping take a picture with your phone and log the place date and time. Someone will slip and post pics or take pics to show off the catch of the night and many of us will have evidence of this mistake. Just an idea. I have seen it for years and it is a slap in the face to us all. I look at all the Bowfishers we have in the state of Kentucky and I see these threads every year.

·
Administrator
8,591 Posts
Yup dumping is a problem we face every year and we all suffer because of it!! Like Joe said let's do our best to educate the public and try to put an end to fish dumping :)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
We have that problem to,I think it happens everywhere.it gives us a bad name in bowfishing,we have a big problem on people throwing casting nets,and leaving what they don't what and we get the blame for it,its the chits sometime!!!!

·
Administrator
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with you guys but they dont have everyone pointing fingers towards them. We see it all the time at the tailwaters and its fillet fish all over the ramp. I say we clean our house and let them worry about fish scraps. lol

·
Administrator
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like Geneva Jenny hole highland creek all tho ditches
Wide Open do me a favor.
Take pics and email them to me when you see this? Those holes are big hitters for guys in that area. I already know of people shooting there and I live two hours away. Remember this isnt the only place pics get posted.

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
GREAT THREAD and a GREAT REMINDER TO ALL!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Figured I'd add that if someone needs a place to dump fish try putting an add on craigslist. I posted an add last spring when I first started bowfishing and had over a dozen people the first week wanting all the fish I could give them, since then never have to worry about what I'm gonna do with fish.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts