BowFishing Country banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey guys im new to bowfishingand would like some sugestions on what i can do with my fish. I dont want to just dump them but i thought you could put them in a trash dumpster? someone please let me know the proper way to dispose of them.

·
Registered
494 Posts
We found fish at Guntersville during the backwater shoot this past weekend. .....People are just to lazy to dispose of fish correctly. ...Im sure some are lacking education of this......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Found fish at Larry Koon Landing on Lake Murray 4-2-12, at the little ramp in between privacy fence and the people's house at ramp.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
If anybody in the longview area wants me to take there CARP i will.... you keep your gar i just want the carp

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
75-100 dead carp in one cove at a well known East TN lake where they happen to be spawning right now. Too many idiots out there wading or shooting them out of pretty bass boats and just throwing them back in. At least take a trash can with you or something and dispose of them elsewhere instead of letting them float all over the lake! And if you're in a boat, please at least sink them. Not to sound too harsh, but this is the main reason that we bowfishermen get frowned upon up here! Please be responsible. Thank You

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
picked up a boat load of gar sunday morning at the 149 ramp hope nobody else saw them. this is the 3rd time and i know who it is now!!!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
..I guess you like smoked carp now huh Quackie? wink wink
grilled
smoked
ka-bobbed
grounded up
smothered

naw a guy that grows hoggs anround here uses them figured id waste the diesel to keep them off the ramps

·
Administrator
10,570 Posts
I just want to remind you that throwing any fish back in the water after being shot is considered fish dumping. Please dispose of your fish properly.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had a guy years ago, in my less rational days, throw a cigarette out of the car window and it landed on the hood of my truck. I was already in a bad mood, so I followed him to see where he lived, the next week I collected a 5 gallon bucket of butts and seeded his front yard. I think it would have felt better to smash his [email protected]# but while it was little back handed, no police, no fight, no law suits or medical bills, no arrest warrents and he got a taste of his own medicine.

·
Registered
855 Posts
hey guys im new to bowfishingand would like some sugestions on what i can do with my fish. I dont want to just dump them but i thought you could put them in a trash dumpster? someone please let me know the proper way to dispose of them.
Contact your local farmers. Sometimes they will use them for fert in the fields or in a garden.:tu:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well what do you guys think about shoot and release, not all fish die this way and besides dont get all the blood all over the boat and have to deal with a ton of fish in the end, wont other fish eat the remains if they do die, have had some guys throw them in a field then others have to smell them, the shoot and release seems to be my ticket now my husband will shoot me for saying this on here but Oooooooooooo Well

·
Registered
776 Posts
Well what do you guys think about shoot and release, not all fish die this way and besides dont get all the blood all over the boat and have to deal with a ton of fish in the end, wont other fish eat the remains if they do die, have had some guys throw them in a field then others have to smell them, the shoot and release seems to be my ticket now my husband will shoot me for saying this on here but Oooooooooooo Well
just tell your husband to shoot you.....its illegal!!! cannot shoot and release, 2nd it gives the sport and bad name and something for ppl to frown upon. get a fish barrel so you dont have to worry about the blood and pretty sure you dont have to "worry" about tons of fish lol...

·
Registered
476 Posts
I know this an old sticky but it's a damned fine idea. Went to a "park" last year that used to be a golf course and somebody had shot some hogs and just left them lying around the pond. I was irritated to no end and I had just taken up the sport.

Thanks for the early post that recommended craigslist. I'm going to try this.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts