BowFishing Country banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a question I am sure i know the answer BUT . I bought a 24 volt power max from a guy , I wired it up in series ( just like my troller) When i go to make my connection( positive terminal is connected) on the ground side of the power max it ARCS bad you could weld with it .I first plugged it in and tested for voltage, There was none, Owner told me they will not read without being connected to battery. So then i tried the above. Removed the fuses and wired it up , Inserted one fuse ( barely) and it arced. Gave up and typed this. What yall think? Im thinking its cooked .Thanks for the help Jerry . P.S. fan never ran either.

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
You said + battery terminal is wired on ground or - side of powermax ?????

Or did I read it wrong, positive is connected to + and when connect final negative to - it arcs bad???

Why not on to ground side of power max to negative side of the one battery and positive on powermax to positive or + of the other battery with the jumper between - and + between the batteries..... Should be correct way to hook it up.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes wired in series.plus wire to poss on one battery , Neg wire to neg on other battery, Then jumper to plus and neg battery to battery.when you try to make final connection completing 24 volt connection it arcs.I guess i explained itbadly
what i meant was when i go to make the last connection be it wherever to complete the 24 volt circuit it will ark bad.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
TOO MANY WORDS... NOT ENOUGH PICTURES :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,893 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats how i wired it alright less the troller, didnt want to mess up my troller in case sompthing was wrong ---- glad i did ,Called graham @ power max today , He said i should have voltage without hooking up to batteries, I have none.The arcing is BIG knocked a pocket on my battery post when i barely touched it . I think that if i wired it to the batteries there would be a fire, Its not just a small arc, you could weld with it . I told the man i bought it from what was going on , he assured me it worked when he sent it, He seems to be a stand -up guy and i really have no doubt it was O.K. before UPS took control. the box it was in looked like it went thru a war and the top was almost open. He said it was full of peanuts and when i got it it was 1/4 full. Almost looks like someone opened it or else it fell out. dont know for sure anyways were dealing with it . Thanks for the advise gents , I think ill not mess with it anymore, I really do not want to ruin two brand new batteries and anything else in the way .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts