BowFishing Country banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have one under water? Advice? Effin boat dealer left the plug in. Three inches of rain in two hours yesterday. They were wet for about an hour I'd say.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Let it dry out or if you want to open the case and put rice on it i have saved many an electronic device that way don't know if its the same for converters tho

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yep. Put it in a rubbermaid and cover it with rice unless you can find desiccant pellets. They work a lot better but large quantities are hard to come by

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
As long as weren't powered when got wee should be ok, just let it dry out real good as said, have seen lots of wet or flooded electrical components and still worked after dried out...

Have also put stuff in oven with door open set on real low 125 degree range and worked also

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Sorry to say, powered on or not they likely had power to them via the batteries. Ours never worked again after being wet and not in use due to a similar situation.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
I too lost one that got wet, it worked sporadically for awhile after I dried it out, this it $hit the bed.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
I wonder if you could buy a desiccant bag from a parts store and cut it open and use all the insides? It's a part for an air conditioner on cars and are usually cheap

·
Registered
20 Posts
desiccant Beads come in both a bagged version usualy used for a ct-30 Part # DeVilbiss 130504 CAMAIR Replacement Desiccant Cartridge for CT30 Filter or loose beads Devilbiss dad-1 , they are on amazon or a parts store/ boady shop supple store can get them.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Silica gel can also be had from craft stores for drying flowers or from Walmart in the cat litter section. Cat litter kind is probably cheapest. It can be re-dried in an oven and reused.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Silica gel can also be had from craft stores for drying flowers or from Walmart in the cat litter section. Cat litter kind is probably cheapest. It can be re-dried in an oven and reused.
Or along the same lines they sell canisters of it for gun safes that can also be re-dried in the oven.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just imagined the smell of roasted cat scat! :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts