BowFishing Country banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went back to ttb(spinner) after years of slides. ? Is do you guys do anything to prep the hole(where tied to) in the arrow before you shoot an arrow? I'm using lava cores and reg fg. Thx!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I like to coat it inside and out with super glue that way the fiberglass doesn't wear on your line and you don't have to retie as much

·
Registered
968 Posts
I just tie mine and start shooting. I have never once had line break at the arrow hole. Just re-tie the knot every 3rd fishing trip.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I started shooting tttb about 2 months ago. I just make a loop and thread it through and then over the end. If I do get a blow through it comes off really easy and I don't do anything to the arrow for prep work before tying

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I didn't know if the raw arrow would wear the string. I really don't remember how I use to do back in the day. I started 25 years ago! Haha damn I feel old now.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Ok I didn't know if the raw arrow would wear the string. I really don't remember how I use to do back in the day. I started 25 years ago! Haha damn I feel old now.
just tie a loop and feed it through the hole. some people only loop it over the nock 1 time but I loop it three times. I seen a single loop slip over the knock one time and the fish swam off with the arrow in it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I'm not saying I don't know how to tie to back( I loop twice) I just had seen someone coat with glue. I don't remember how I use to attach it arrow way back when.

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
just tie a loop and feed it through the hole. some people only loop it over the nock 1 time but I loop it three times. I seen a single loop slip over the knock one time and the fish swam off with the arrow in it.
Loop it over the point end and you only need to once

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Loop it over the point end and you only need to once
this is what I do also... I have had two loops get pulled off in thick brush and three loops is almost impossible to get un-tied...

I don't prep the hole... but I have had two arrows this year break right at the hole... I bought 15 shafts and if this happens again i will be calling the supplier...

·
Banned
4,584 Posts
Take the tip and spin the hole on both sides to nock off the burs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts