BowFishing Country banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a beavertail 1754 and am having some issues damaging the bottom of the hull. The river I'm running is extremely shallow and rocky. Some of the rocks are round and I glance off them. The others are broken sheet rock and have edges to them that are denting and puncturing the bottom of my hull. I know the easiest answer would be to get a new hull designed for rivers but that's not in the cards.

I wanted to get some of your opinions on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNA17cvUMIA

they spray poly then add wetlander slick bottom. Its on a jet boat designed for rocky rivers. Think that would be the cure for my hull? I've been reading drift boat forums and the guys swear by this stuff. A lot of them don't even add the poly. I figure that probably bc they aren't under power with a drift rig.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks like a bedliner that's sprayed on thick, then the slick put on top.

wondering if I could apply durabak smooth liner on myself and then the slick over it to save money with a self install. I think the slick may be the most important part bc regular bedliner would have too much drag.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I don't know as much about boats as some guys but from watching the video I'd say the hull he's standing on while spraying is a bit thicker than .100 inch. No way to know I guess without asking them. I'd ask them about abrasion resistance and what kind of guarantee they have.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that boat in the vid was a jet boat so it prob was 3/16 or 1/4" hull, so yes much thicker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts