BowFishing Country banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just getting started, so heres the question. I got a PSE stinger I use for deer. can it be used for fish? I understand its gonna get filthy and I gotta convert it and all that, but would it be OK for a "beginner"? I know that theres a lot better out there but this is what I got in the closet. would it be a OK bow?
Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
357 Posts
If u can set it between 35-55lbs then it'll prolly be fine unless u are shooting in really deep water then pulling back more poundage might be necessary.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Best advice is don't beat up good hunting bow just find an old bow on Craigslist for $20-$30
This ^^^ plus if you use your hunting bow for fish you have to set it up again later for deer, then tear it down, etc...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
An el cheapo craigslist bow is the cheapest way to go, and I wouldn't use my deer bow to fish with, I've got all kinds of bows in my basement rigged with reels, everything from an old Jennings compound that a guy at work gave me to a couple oneidas to a mission x4 and a recurve, they all do basically the same thing, just try and find something cheap and go with it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might just do that. I was trying to make myself buy a new deer bow next year:D. I might just play it safe and do what yall are saying.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts