BowFishing Country banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a boat with a fan but the twist steering sucks. What all do I need to get to swap to push pull? Thanks will have more details after work.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks it's got two bearings in the front own the stick. A 23 toth sprocket , run throw 4 different pulleys up to the bottom of the fan shaft to a nother 23 toth sprocket . It's a big fan 35 hp with a reduction,etc... Just trying to figure out how to smoth it up a bit. Or swap to push pull. Iam 6.3 foot 230 and I got to use both hands to steer the thing. Lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks it's got two bearings in the front own the stick. A 23 toth sprocket , run throw 4 different pulleys up to the bottom of the fan shaft to a nother 23 toth sprocket . It's a big fan 35 hp with a reduction,etc... Just trying to figure out how to smoth it up a bit. Or swap to push pull. Iam 6.3 foot 230 and I got to use both hands to steer the thing. Lol
use garage door pullies in stead of the little ones on there. Collier bought them for it there in my shop see if u can talk him out em and turn the chain over in the front so where u point the stick it will be the way u go. u dont want push pull still it sucks. just mod what u have it will work great. i had a big fan on my old boat seat up simalar to what u have and it was smooth and easy to steer. Collier just hard headed LOL. i help him build it

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
use garage door pullies in stead of the little ones on there. Collier bought them for it there in my shop see if u can talk him out em and turn the chain over in the front so where u point the stick it will be the way u go. u dont want push pull still it sucks. just mod what u have it will work great. i had a big fan on my old boat seat up simalar to what u have and it was smooth and easy to steer. Collier just hard headed LOL. i help him build it

His old boat was very similar to colliers/ yours now. He IS hard headed and wouldnt listen, Ben has your problem solved. Very cheap. If you go push/ pull it will get very expesive plus some people have a problem driving push pull sets. People pick up faster on twist steering.

·
Registered
96 Posts
We always ran bigger sproket in front, smaller at the fan. Allows for a 180 degree turn of the fan by only turning the stick a quarter turn. If your running 1 to 1 gear ratio with same size sprokets your doing alot of uneccesary turning.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Drum a cable system to me is real nice an smooth...

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I see I have sprocket named after me LOL Toth

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got pics of this set up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts