BowFishing Country banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
well to keep this short, im still planing on this build. However this november and december i have had some health issues that kept me down and out. i am 3 months behind and im not any futher than i was in july. i have most parts for the sub and main structure welded up but still need to purchase the 1-1/4 shaft for the engine and sprockets.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ok so im almost done but I went a little different route and ill do a full write up eventually. Also ill have a full video for the transition the boat has gone through since i bought it. just received my 3/8 and my 1/4 cables from ccables. the steering cable is fully installed and the throttle cable is almost done. then on to the fabercobled custom exhaust and wiring.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

Ok so it's not what I started with. But I scraped the other plan ended up with this.
But I'm planning a globe fan build. Started collecting aluminum for it anyways...
BTW the rudders are not great no low-speed turning...which I expected. But it's what I have for now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So something else that's causing an issue, is I added that center section between the sponces and it has added too much buoyancy in the rear of the boat. So even with no one in the boat it sets way to high in the rear of the boat. Also since the weight of the air drive isn't over the transom may be another issue I'm having too. Not to sure

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ita basically acting like a plow. So I'm going to start adding weight in the back of the boat to see what's needed and may have to remove my sponces. I believe from a rough estimate using the volume of 8840cubic inches divided by 231 time 8.34 leaves me 319lbs of added displacement.... not sure if I'm right but that I what I came up with

21 - 31 of 31 Posts