BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering about how well pvc will work to make a rasied deck on my boat and if anyone has one if they could share some tips and maybe a couple of pics of theirs

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
i would not recomend using pvc for a deck. after a few good cold night any pvc exposed to it is going to become brittle. trust me on this one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a 1648 and i am located south west arkansas by nashvile arkansas

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aight any pics will sure help with the design process

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea that is my only concern but its not going to be forever just want a raised deck to shoot some durning the day

·
Registered
278 Posts
use the gray sunlight resistent

·
Registered
837 Posts
I had one on my small jon the only thing was that the collars on the couplings a so were short if they were longer it would have been better I just added a screw to mine even knowing they were glued but you might find longer collars now if i find a pic I will post it

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I wanna see some pictures!! You guys must be bracing the poop out of them.

·
Registered
984 Posts
We have a deck on our Ranger made of PVC. It is sturdy as any other deck, and ours is almost 4 feet high.

·
Registered
553 Posts
if ya do use the white stuff make sure ya paint it good the sun will rot it in a little while if its sittin in sun every day other then that the cold aint to bad on it as long as ya not usein it in the cold if ya was gonna use it of the spring and summer ya would be in good shape and with the cost of it ya could afford a new deck every couple years

·
BFC-Facebook Admin
7,967 Posts
Just don't use the same PVC to shoot artillery shells out of from year to year. Fireworks + PVC = trip to the hospital for who's holding it and maybe others also

1 - 20 of 31 Posts