BowFishing Country banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a rubber mat under my genny, but is there a great (and simple) way to significantly reduced the generator vibration?
My Genny is strapped down on the rear seat of an aluminum 18'boat.. Not on a tower. At this point a tower is not an option.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I put mine (Champion 3100 inverter style) on pick and pull foam pads. Its about 4" or 6" thick, don't remember. It helps out quite a bit. But thats not going to work for every generator out there. Some might just sink into the foam and make it worthless. My generator has a full bottom on it which seems to let it not sink in

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am just wondering if it may be effecting the fish?
Other ideas for reducing the vibration/noise factor?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
I am just wondering if it may be effecting the fish?
Other ideas for reducing the vibration/noise factor?
Thanks
A real long extension cord and plug in to the gennie and leave it on shore.....

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
What kind of genny is it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is what I ended up doing. I Had a friend build a simple box for it. There are only 3 sides and an extra hole for the exhaust. It did cut down on the noise. We can easily have a conversation up front. The box is not heavy or cumbersome. It has been a worth wild investment.
Box.jpg

·
Registered
526 Posts
Be careful with this. I built one for mine and put two fans in it (one to push air and another to pull air). While testing it in the yard, the genny shut off after a couple of hours. When I opened the box to check on the it, the plastic handle on top was melted and I couldn't touch it. Needless to say I abandoned the box idea.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Abort mission. A single wall between you and the genny is as far as I'd go. Closing it in on 2,3 or 4 sides is a bad idea imo. Heat build up and possible gas fumes make big fire or boom.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I seen someone that built a generator tower stand but instead of mounting it on top they suspended it with rubber straps. I would bet that there wouldnt be any vibration transmission with that setup

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I should take better pics. It is really enclosed on the front, One side had a large hole for the exhaust. the other side is only half enclosed and the back and top are nearly completely open. I have had it out on two occasions. there is seemingly no heat build up that I can find, and the motor has been running well. Also the genny itself has a large area within it that is open, (the way it was designed and mounted. Thanks I will continue to monitor it to be sure all is running safe!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts