BowFishing Country banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’ve been thinking about making changes to my setup this winter and would like to move my 6 gal gas tank from the rear to the front (on top of my front bench) under the deck. I plan on buying a 2000w champion and will put it where my gas tank is now. I see a few pros of doing this, 1…the gas tank will be out of the sun (less swelling) and weather, being covered by the front deck & 2…….I will probably benefit with a little extra weight up front due to some proposing

So other than longer fuel line, is there anything else to consider??

·
Registered
314 Posts
Consider the fact that a gallon of gasoline weighs just over 6lbs. that's an additional 60lbs on the bow of your bow, with the decking, lighting and bowfishermen. I have a 36 gallon tank just forward of the middle of my boat and I wish it was in the rear. I only keep a minimal amount of gas in it to keep the weight down, and put everything of weight in the rear of the boat, but I still tilt forward just a wee bit with 3 men on the deck.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Consider the fact that a gallon of gasoline weighs just over 6lbs. that's an additional 60lbs on the bow of your bow, with the decking, lighting and bowfishermen. I have a 36 gallon tank just forward of the middle of my boat and I wish it was in the rear. I only keep a minimal amount of gas in it to keep the weight down, and put everything of weight in the rear of the boat, but I still tilt forward just a wee bit with 3 men on the deck.
Recruit skinnier friends to compensate.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My math tells me my full tank will weigh in about 36 pounds. In the back I have a 25 horse Johnson, 2 27 group batteries, and eventually a 2000w genny. I'm not keen on having a generator right next to the gas tank, another reason why I want to move the tank up front. Or maybe I'm just overthinking the whole thing!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
If you're worried about the genny being too close to the fuel elevate it on a stand above the gas, problem solved.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
I don't think moving 36 lbs forward is a big deal. Now if it was 3 group 31 batteries that would be a different story.

My partners prodigy has a 12 gallon fuel under the front deck, it's been a non issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts