BowFishing Country banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
One of my buddies uses a minn kota tiller until he forgot to raise it up and rammed it into a dock with the big motor. Now he has a remote operated one, and hates it. Spends more time staring at that fob trying to navigate around stuff, and it "doesn't turn worth a chit". Run a tiller on my boat, everyone that fishes with me knows how to operate it, and when we are on the fish, we just keep sticking and moving. Go tiller.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I love mine I can go back to the barrel to take a fish off and I can still drive or put 2 people up front and drive from the back it's really handy since I take a lot of new people out

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Chance Everyone talks about the lag time from when you hit the button to when the motor reacts. Is that a problem for you or how do you work around it?
Ralph

·
Registered
117 Posts
You end up fishing slower and crashing into more stuff. It is really tough to straighten out in current compared to a tiller and then you end up getting wedged into a culvert.

·
Registered
778 Posts
i think this like so many other things is going to be preference/style motor you have .... all versions have pro's and cons .... i have remotes, to me the lag is very minimal, the lag has never caused me to hit anything, i tried sexy stick and it just didn't work well with my electronic pedal even tho i really liked it, our other boat was a tiller steer and it was often in the way cause the boat was so small. also a remote can be used anywhere on the boat where tiller someone has to be there. not nocking anybody's preference

·
Registered
778 Posts
Just admit it amsugg, you were just so mad it took me a month to make it for you that you didn't want to use it lol
negative i spent way to much time trying to make it better so i could use it before i gave up and ordered remotes ... stupid electronic pedal just didn't have enough resistance

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Chance Everyone talks about the lag time from when you hit the button to when the motor reacts. Is that a problem for you or how do you work around it?
Ralph
In the beginning going from a cable steer foot pedal to the remote it was noticeable but not bad I just got used to it after a while

21 - 31 of 31 Posts